Proposed below, in no particular order, are ten really good books that every serious manager should take the time to read.
- The knowing-doing gap by Jeffrey Pfeffer & Robert Sutton
- The progress principle by Teresa Amabile & Steven Kramer
- Diagnosing and changing organizational culture by Kim Cameron & Robert Quinn
- Organizational culture and leadership by Edgar Schein
- The leadership challenge by James Kouzes & Barry Posner
- The no people by Bruce Avolio
- Effective teamwork by Michael West
- Mindset by Carol Dweck
- Why we do what we do by Edward Deci
- Switch by Chip & Dan Heath
If you are Swedish, of course I suggest that you also read the following:
- Behovsanpassat ledarskap by Santa Claus
Happy Christmas reading to all of you out there!