Connected devices are growing fast and IoT plays an important integral role in our society advancing modern businesses and our everyday life.
5 facts about Internet of Things (IoT):
- The term first appeared in 1999 by Kevin Ashton. (source)
- By 2020 the market value of IoT can reach $19 trillion. (source)
- Cars were equipped with Internet connectivity by only 10% in 2012. Nonetheless, experts estimate that 90% of cars will be connected to internet by 2020.
- There are more internet connected things than the world’s population.
During 2008 the number of things connected to the internet exceeded the number of people on earth (source).
- IoT connected devices reached 13,4 billion by 2015. According to Juniper Research the number will grow and reach 38,5 billion devices by 2020.