The strong momentum started late 2009 continued throughout 2010 with regaining confidence among customers and an improving investment climate. FlexLink’s sales increased 19% to SEK 1,460 million and the earnings to SEK 180 million representing a growth of 23% compared to last year.
Mattias Perjos, CEO: “2010 was a year of recovery for FlexLink, our customers and our industry. The growth came back strongly in the Americas and Asia Pacific areas throughout the year while EMEA came back on the growth track in the last quarter. Our profitability remains on healthy levels and we continue to invest in R&D and in our organization to reinforce our market leading position within Production Logistics. Our latest launched products are state of the art, are getting recognition in the market and we will continue to launch new products and solutions in 2011 and onwards.”
- Net sales for the full year were SEK 1,460 (1,222) million which is an increase of 19% compared to 2009.
- The order intake amounted to SEK 1,324 (1,200) million, an increase of 10%. The order intake growth was particularly strong in Americas and Asia Pacific throughout the year and after a flat development, it strengthened in EMEA in the last quarter.
- Earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization of intangible assets (EBITDA) were SEK 180 (146) million, which is 23% higher than in the previous year. The EBITDA margin for the full year was 12% (12%). Adjusted for exceptional costs, the EBITDA was SEK 187 (157) million and the adjusted EBITDA margin 13% (13%).
- Large orders were awarded from primarily the segments Electronics and Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG).
- The partner channel sales developed in line with the market development.
- Sales of the new X45 product platform, launched in January 2010, grew over the year and enabled FlexLink to enter new application areas.
- In 2010, FlexLink held its 30 year anniversary which was celebrated and recognized within industry, world wide.
The financial information for 2010 and 2009 refers to the FlexLink Holding AB Group.
CEO, FlexLink AB
Corporate Communications, FlexLink AB
FlexLink is a leading production logistics supplier – providing material and information flow management solutions to assembly and manufacturing industries. Based in Göteborg, Sweden, FlexLink has 702 employees, operates 25 sales units and is represented in more than 60 countries. In 2010, group turnover was SEK 1,460 million (153 M€).