Fujitsu har presenterat den nya rackmonterade arbetsstationen CELSIUS C740 som är skapad för att erbjuda tjänster som avancerad 3D-grafikhantering i virtuella miljöer, och kombinerar grafikprestandan i den senaste generationens optimerade arbetsstationer med säkerheten i ett datacenter.
CAD och produktdesign växer snabbt i virtuella miljöer och med CELSIUS C740 skapar Fujitsu en lösning som är kraftfull men både yt- och kostnadseffektiv och kan användas både som en enskild maskin, eller som grafikresurs för andra virtuella maskiner.
CELSIUS C740 kommer att finnas till försäljning världen över i juni 2015.
För mer information, läs nedanstående pressrelease.
Fujitsu Boosts Graphics Virtualization from the Data Center
- -New FUJITSU CELSIUS C740 delivers an entire rack node of powerful workstation performance for graphics virtualization, from the safety of the data center
- -Fujitsu is the only global tier-one vendor offering a 1U rack workstation to maximize data center density benefits
- -New system joins the comprehensive CELSIUS family of mobile, desktop, and rack workstations
Fujitsu workstations are enabling industries such as automotive, aeronautics, energy, oil & gas and geopgraphic information systems (GIS) to fast-track innovation cycles and increase market velocity by delivering no-compromise, powerful workstation performance from the safety of the data center.
Introduced at CeBIT, the new FUJITSU CELSIUS C740 rack workstation is flexible enough to be used as a one-to-one remote workstation, versatile enough to form the basis of a one-to-many virtualized workstation, and powerful enough to become a node in a high-end rendering cluster. Unique to the workstation market as a 1U rack workstation, the ‘Made in Germany’ CELSIUS C740 is designed to provide customers with a cost-effective solution to ensure productivity improvements.
According to Jörg Hartmann, Vice President, Global Client Computing Device Business at Fujitsu: “Remote and virtualized workstations are among the hottest topics in computer-aided design (CAD) and engineering. By putting workstations in the data center, organizations gain a number of all-round benefits. As well as the peace of mind of more secure data, simplified compliance and reduced wear and tear on hardware, rack workstations deliver improved productivity and collaboration results thanks to the ability to share resources.”
Walter Mundt-Blum, Vice President Enterprise Sales EMEAI at NVIDIA comments: “NVIDIA graphics virtualization enables graphics intensive users such as designers or creative artists to work anywhere, anytime and improves enterprise productivity and collaboration. The new CELSIUS C740 rack workstation with NVIDIA GRID is another step of offering true graphics from the data center in a great form factor.”
Aimee Catalano, Vice President of Alliance Marketing at Citrix says: "At Citrix, we’ve succeeded in driving tremendous advances in delivering a fast, interactive high-definition 3D graphics virtualization experience in collaboration with partners like NVIDIA, building on joint innovation that began more than six years ago. The FUJITSU CELSIUS C740 offers a compelling combination of Citrix XenServer, HDX 3D Pro and NVIDIA GRID graphics to provide engineers, designers and other professionals with secure access to high definition 3D graphics and a powerful workstation experience, whether they work in the field or in remote offices around the world."
Fujitsu’s CELSIUS Family of Reliable, Expandable and Performant Workstations
Fujitsu is one of the top four global workstation vendors. The new CELSIUS C740 extends Fujitsu’s comprehensive portfolio of CELSIUS workstation solutions, building on two decades of global expertise in blending Japanese quality with ‘Made in Germany’ precision engineering to guarantee reliability, expandability and performance.
The CELSIUS range offers a sophisticated combination of the newest available processor and graphics system performance to increase application efficiency, starting with the innovative and highly secure CELSIUS H730 mobile workstation with its PalmSecure authentication technology, and topping out with high-end workstations for the desktop and data center to meet a wide variety of needs, including high performance computing (HPC).
Pricing and availability
Pricing and availability of the FUJITSU CELSIUS C740 workstation varies according to specification and region and will generally be available from June 2015 via Fujitsu direct sales and distribution partners.
Based on customer demand we have significantly increased the performance and manageability features of the new system (compared to the previous generation of rack workstation, the CELSIUS C620):
- Up to 18 cores of Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v3 family
- Maximum memory capacity of 256GB of DDR4 running at 2133 MHz
- NVIDIA GRID™ graphics supporting a virtualized graphics environment
- New Fujitsu SSD PCIe card: Choice of adding one 1x 256 GB or 1x 512 GB card directly to the board or support of a flexible expansion card with up to two modules
- Two PCIe x16 slots and an additional PCIe x8 slot allow for maximum flexibility to add either two single height or a double height graphic card in combination with a Teradici card or LAN- or RAID-controller-card
- SATA DOM (Serial ATA Disk on Module)
- Simple to administer, server-based management includes an integrated Remote Management Controller (iRMC S4) and FUJITSU ServerView Suite embedded Lifecycle Management (eLCM).