HARMAN launches harman kardon® BDS Series of Blu-ray Disc™-enabled home entertainment systems
HARMAN International Industries, Incorporated (NYSE: HAR), unveils its new range of Blu-ray Disc™-enabled harman kardon® home entertainment systems. The BDS range is comprised of five complete home cinema systems and two electronics-only systems for consumers who already have speakers.
The harman kardon BDS family combines the functionality of a combined A/V receiver and Blu-ray Disc player and, where supplied, loudspeakers in one easy-to-use, sleek unit that offers the high-end performance of separates without the clutter or complication. An evolution of the current range of HS systems, the elegant looks and compact design are the perfect accompaniment to any flat-screen TV.
The 2.1-channel BDS 2 and 5.1-channel BDS 5 are the two electronics-only systems in the range. These systems are sold as the combined A/V receiver and Blu-ray Disc player, perfect for consumers who already own their own speakers.
The five integrated systems are all sold with complimentary speakers and include the BDS 300, BDS 400, BDS 600, BDS 700 and BDS 800. To meet consumers’ demands, these include 2.1, 3.1 soundbar and native 5.1 configuration options.
For those requiring high-performance surround sound without the clutter of five individual speakers, there are three systems within the range. The BDS 300 (sold with the HKTS 2MKII speakers) and BDS 400 (sold with the HKTS 200 speakers) are 2.1-channel solutions, while the BDS 600 delivers powerful surround experience from a single soundbar with three integrated front speakers from one single unit.
For consumers who desire the full home cinema experience delivered by a 5.1 speaker set-up, there are two native 5.1 systems to choose from. The BDS 700 comes with the HKTS 9 speakers, and at the very top of the range the BDS 800 features the EISA Award-winning HKTS 60 speaker system.
All of the systems within the BDS range offer Blu-ray Disc playback with BD-Live compatibility, delivering pristine high-definition 1080p picture quality. Video and audio performance is exemplary from the wide variety of supported input sources that includes TV, Blu-ray Disc, DVD, CD, radio, and USB as well as iPod and iPhone models via a Bridge IIIP dock (not included).
Conveniently, each system incorporates all features into one combined main unit, which is simply controlled by just one single remote control.
The harman kardon BDS range is available throughout Europe for the approximate retail prices shown below:
BDS 2: €849
BDS 300: €999
BDS 400: €1,099
BDS 5: €949
BDS 600: €1,099
BDS 700: €1,299
BDS 800: €1,499
- Complete, integrated home theatre audio system – Everything you need for great surround sound from virtually any movie or music source
- Components engineered to work together as a system – The performance of separate components with the ease of use of a single integrated system
- Compact, stylish design – Components deliver full-size performance in space-saving form factors styled to complement any décor
- Dolby® Virtual Speaker technology – Creates a realistic 5.1-channel surround-sound experience from the left and right front loudspeakers and subwoofer alone
- Dolby Digital and DTS® decoding – You’ll hear every nuance of the latest movie soundtracks as they were meant to be heard
- HDMI® output – 1080p video and high-resolution audio through a single cable for the highest-quality picture and sound
- Reads Blu-ray Disc, DVD and CD recordings – The BDS player reads virtually any 5-inch (12cm) or 3-inch (8cm) disc, including most recordable media
- Reads most digital music and photo file formats – The BDS player is a true multimedia device, a single system for all your entertainment sources
- Front-panel USB port – An easy, temporary connection for portable players and flash drives
- Full-colour and multilanguage on-screen menus and dot-matrix display
- Easy system setup and control with a TV monitor and system status information without a TV monitor
- Learning remote –The BDS remote is easily programmed to control your TV, cable box, satellite tuner and other device
For specifications and pictures see attached documents.
For more information contact:
+45 26 40 26 41
For product information contact:
+45 40 63 24 34
+46 (0)70 430 49 44
+ 47 90 05 12 26
+358 405 371 072
HARMAN (www.harman.com) designs, manufactures and markets a wide range of audio and infotainment solutions for the automotive, consumer and professional markets – supported by 15 leading brands, including AKG, harman kardon, Infinity, JBL, Lexicon and Mark Levinson. The company is admired by audiophiles across multiple generations and supports leading professional entertainers and the venues where they perform. More than 20 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN audio and infotainment systems. HARMAN has a workforce of about 11,000 people across the Americas, Europe and Asia, and reported sales of $3.4 billion for the fiscal year that ended June 30, 2010. The company’s shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol NYSE:HAR.
© 2010 HARMAN International Industries, Incorporated. All rights reserved. Infinity, harman kardon, JBL, Lexicon and Mark Levinson are trademarks of HARMAN International Industries, Incorporated, registered in the United States and/or other countries. AKG is a trademark of AKG Acoustics GmbH, registered in the United States and/or other countries. GRAMMY is a registered trademark of the National Academy of Recording Arts & Sciences.