London/Noida, India, October 17th, 2012 – HCL Technologies Ltd. (HCL), a leading global IT services provider, today announced results for the quarter ended September 30 2012. HCL’s quarterly revenues increased by 3.2% QoQ to US$ 1,114 mn.
HCL’s European business posted a revenue increase of 16.4% YoY in Q1 FY 2013 and 2.8% QoQ in the first quarter of FY 2013. This geography contributed 28% to HCL Technologies’ revenues.
Commenting on the results, Stuart Drew, Executive Vice President – Financial Services, HCL Technologies said “Europe remains key for HCL’s success with a sound growth of 16.4% YoY. The new financial year has begun with key engagements across industries.”
Europe highlights for the quarter:
- HCL has established a Centre of Excellence for SAP Visual Enterprise (VE) in the UK, to serve its European customers.
- HCL has been chosen by a Top 5 global pharmaceutical company for a multi-year, multi-service managed services engagement encompassing end-to-end application support.
- HCL has won an engagement with a leading media & publishing company to provide enhancement support for its Salesforce.com applications.
- HCL has entered into a global partnership with SuccessFactors, a SAP company, and a global market leader in cloud-based software designed for Human Capital Management. Under the alliance agreement, HCL will provide implementation services, license referrals, and a general operating program for the SuccessFactors Business Execution (BizX) suite to customers in North America, Europe, Latin & South America, Asia Pacific and India.
HCL Technologies - Financial Highlights
- Q1 Revenues at US$ 1,114 mn; up 3.2% QoQ
- Net Income at US$ 162 mn; up 51.2% YoY
Europe - Financial Highlights
- Q1 Revenues at US$ 310.5 mn, up 2.8% QoQ and 16.4% YoY
- Region’s contribution to overall HCLT’s revenue is 28%
About HCL Technologies
HCL Technologies is a leading global IT services company, working with clients in the areas that impact and redefine the core of their businesses. Since its inception into the global landscape after its IPO in 1999, HCL focuses on ‘transformational outsourcing’, underlined by innovation and value creation, and offers integrated portfolio of services including software-led IT solutions, remote infrastructure management, engineering and R&D services and BPO. HCL leverages its extensive global offshore infrastructure and network of offices in 31 countries to provide holistic, multi-service delivery in key industry verticals including Financial Services, Manufacturing, Consumer Services, Public Services and Healthcare. HCL takes pride in its philosophy of ‘Employees First, Customers Second’ which empowers our 85,335 transformers to create a real value for the customers. HCL Technologies, along with its subsidiaries, had consolidated revenues of US$ 4.3 billion ( 22,471 crores), as on 30th September, 2012 (on LTM basis). For more information, please visit www.hcltech.com