A Case Study from Norway by the Open Group.
Statskonsult is the Department of IT Planning & Co-ordination, in the Directorate for Public Management, within the Norwegian Government. It used parts of the TOGAF Architecture Development Method to develop an architecture for an IT infrastructure for the public sector in Norway.
- The use of the TOGAF Architecture Development Methodology is explained in a separate presentation (PDF).
The Target Architecture Principles
• Use Internet as a backbone - run TCP/IP
• Add central services like a directory, a PKI and a e-mail converter (X.400 to SMTP)
• No central firewall - each connecting unit responsible for it’s own security
• Buy quality of service as needed