Quick Facts on Dirtball Material
- Each Dirtball T-shirt contains 7 16oz. water bottles.
- Dirtball’s current short "The Dirt Short" - is made out of 25 16-ounce bottles, which have been repurposed to create a high-quality polyester fabric. The shorts are not only recycled, but recyclable. Once a pair is worn out it can be returned to Dirtball Fashion where it gets sent back to their North Carolina headquarters to be re-spun back into polyester fiber. To thank the customer for their environmental friendliness, the customer will receive 20% off a future on-line purchase.
- All shirts printed with water based or thilate free ink.
- 2 million plastic bottles are used in the U.S. every 10 minutes.
- 1 billion plastic bottles go into U.S. landfills every year.
- 3 billion plastic bottles recycled is the equivalent of saving over half a million barrels of oil and eliminating 400,000 tons of harmful air emissions which contribute to acid rain, global warming and smog.
- Recycling pre-consumer cotton helps to keep 5 billion pounds of waste from going into U.S. landfills.
- Buy buying fabric made with recycled cotton, you are helping to reduce the effects of insecticides and other chemicals have on our soil, air and water tables.
- It takes 1/3 lb of agricultural chemicals to produce 1 cotton t-shirt.
- Cotton uses some 25% of the world’s insecticides, even though it is grown on 2.4% of the world’s land. Cotton consumes 60% of the insecticides applied in the U.S.
- Cotton requires 22,000 liters of water to produce 1 kilogram of cotton lint making it the most fresh water intensive crop in the world.
- Recycled cotton doesn’t take the manual labor or land use that is required for conventionally grown cotton. It takes twice as much land usage to produce the same amount of organic cotton as conventionally grown cotton.
- The majority of the organic cotton is produced in Asia or India and shipped to the U.S. offsetting any environmental benefits due to the transportation resulting carbon footp rint.
Dirtball's selection of organic and recycled cotton fashions includes the following clothing and apparel for men, women, and children. Each of our American made products are created utilizing only recycled or organic materials whenever possible, and by producing our products in the United States we employee American workers while reducing carbon emissions by lowering our shipping distances. View our entire selection of natural organic and recycled cotton American made clothing, including T-shirts, khaki pants, jeans, board shorts, hats, soft shells, and outerwear in our online catalogue at www.dirtballfashion.com