All you see on TV is glitter and gold, winners and free spins as far as the eye can see. Well, honestly – that’s bullshit. And even though Betsafe can take some of the blame – they do want people to gamble after all – at least this time they’re not going to sugarcoat the fact that winning is hard. But with a lot of skill, and a fair bit of luck, you might be one of the few exceptions to the unspoken rule that the house always wins.
- “Ads and marketing for online gambling has become horribly generic over the years. We wanted to do something different. Instead of focusing on the next jackpot, Betsafe tells you what your chances of winning actually are. The main target audiences for Betsafe are ultimate players and thrill seekers. Often experienced gamblers... And well, they already know this truth. And they are incredibly tired of being patronized. We all are”, says Jeremy Taylor, Managing Director, Betsafe.
One of the first in the business
- “This kind of advertisement is revolutionary to what you see every day within the online gambling industry”, says Jeremy Taylor, who thinks their customers will appreciate the honesty.
- “Our customers are not stupid, and I think they deserve the honesty that we give them with this new campaign. Maybe it can be an inspiration for the rest of the business in the future”, says Taylor.
The core strategy behind the new concept was to use this simple truth to provoke action among the target audience.
- “We want to reach those who don’t see themselves as the statistically average. The self-proclaimed outliers. And to get them to attempt to prove us wrong when we say in all honesty that they’re unlikely to beat us”, says Markus Lindsjö, Creative Director at CP+B Scandinavia.
- “Finding a client bold enough to not only challenge the entire industry, but to do it on this scale... It’s quite rare, and an opportunity we are exceptionally happy to have been given.” Says Therese Olander, Client Service Director at CP+B Scandinavia.
The campaign, simply nicknamed “No Bullshit Betting”, will roll out in both traditional and digital media, across Scandinavia, the UK and multiple other markets in northern Europe, starting on the 8th of August.
CP+B Scandinavia became the global Agency for Betsafe after a pitch in February 2015.
90s Manifesto https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RorHn_atM84
30s Prove us wrong: https://vimeo.com/album/3482848/video/133643457
15s Earnings: https://vimeo.com/album/3482848/video/133643460
15s Double or Nothing: https://vimeo.com/album/3482848/video/133642695
For more information:
Markus Lindsjö, Creative Director
+46 709 214582
Jeremy Taylor, Managing Director Betsafe,
Team CP+B Scandinavia
Creative Director: Markus Lindsjö
Art Director: Dennis Rosenqvist
Copywriter: Per Rundgren
Strategy Director: Jonathan Brown
Client Service Director: Therese Olander
Account Director: Karin Branmark
Agency Producer: Jim Elfving
Account Manager: Erik Karlsson
Graphics: Oskar Pernefeldt, Linus Bronge
Creative Interns: Erika Almqvist, Emil Ryderup
Final Art: Per Westlund, Anna Gustafsson
Production Company: Camp David, Orange Films
Director: Robert Jitzmark
Producer: Rickard Edholm
Post production: Stopp & Frost VFX
Still photography: Aorta
CMO Betsson Group: Patrik Öqvist
Managing Director: Jeremy Taylor
Global Brand Manager: Tom Nyborg
Crispin Porter + Bogusky är en fullservicebyrå inom marknadsföring, kreativ kommunikation och digitala medier. På CP+B Scandinavia arbetar strax över 60 personer på kontoren i Göteborg, Stockholm och Köpenhamn. CP+B Scandinavias kundlista inkluderar Scania, Sony Mobile, Arctic Paper, Frölunda Indians, SCA Hygiene Products, Sveriges Radio och Stena Line. CP+B Scandinavia samarbetar tätt med CP+B’s övriga kontor i USA, Storbritannien och Brasilien. CP+B är helägda av NASDAQ-noterade reklambyrånätverket MDC Partners. CP+B är en av de mest dekorerade och belönade byråerna i världen och har fått namnet "Interactive Agency of the Year" tre gånger vid Cannes Lions International Advertising Festival, "Agency of the Decade" av Advertising Age och "Agency of the Year" 13 gånger i fackpressen. För mer information, gå till: www.cpbgroup.com