Novell and SAP Collaborate to Optimize Customers SUSE Linux-Based SAP(R) Application Deployments
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications simplifies and enhances scalability for high-performance computing
Novell today announced, in cooperation with SAP AG (NYSE: SAP), the immediate availability of an optimized solution for customers running SAP(R) applications on SUSE(R) Linux Enterprise Server. Developed, tested and validated by SAP and Novell, SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP applications helps SAP customers reduce the complexity of their application deployments as well as installation time and costs. The solution is a highly-reliable and secure operating platform that simplifies both physical and virtual deployments of SAP solutions, including the SAP NetWeaver(R) Enterprise Search application, SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse Accelerator (SAP NetWeaver BW accelerator) software, SAP BusinessObjects(TM) Explorer software, and SAPs emerging in-memory platform. Through this solution, SAP continues its commitment to deliver support for open source solutions.
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP applications is the latest result of a close collaboration between Novell and SAP (see previous announcement: "Novell and SAP Deepen Relationship to Enable Customers of All Sizes to Run, Manage and Secure Mission-Critical Operations on Linux"). This new solution is designed to enhance ease of deployment and management of SAP's industry-leading, mission-critical enterprise applications running on Novell's flagship operating system. SAP has recommended SUSE Linux Enterprise and has co-developed offerings with Novell for use with SAP Business Suite applications and the SAP Business All-in-One solution for small businesses and midsize companies.
"SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP applications continues the tradition of close cooperation between Novell and SAP, which has resulted in solutions that improve the reliability and ease of management of SAP applications on Linux," said Joe Wagner, senior vice president and general manager of Global Alliances at Novell. "This latest offering dramatically simplifies and accelerates the deployment of physical and virtual mission-critical workloads for users of SAP solutions."
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP applications delivers many functions and services that make it even easier to run SAP workloads, including:
- Long-term service pack support In addition to the current Priority Support for SAP Applications offering, which provides support from the operating system to the SAP application with one simple call, this new solution comes with long-term service pack support that extends the window to upgrade between service pack releases from six to 18 months and helps ensure ongoing support.
- Optimized stack enhances stability A validated and optimized software stack eliminates many factors that can introduce risk. Supported workloads include SAP NetWeaver Enterprise Search, SAP NetWeaver BW Accelerator and SAP BusinessObjects Explorer.
- Dedicated update channel A dedicated update channel ensures all fixes, patches and product enhancements have been approved for SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP applications.
- Easy installation SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP applications provides an intelligent wizard that automatically installs SAP applications on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server. This leads to reduced training requirements, dramatically faster time-to-production, and the elimination of manual installation and integration steps.
"SUSE Linux Enterprise Server has long been recommended by SAP as a preferred platform for customers who are looking to lower the costs and complexity of application deployments," said George Mathew, group vice president and general manager, Business Intelligence and In-memory Analytics, SAP. "Our close collaboration with Novell has resulted in a unique offering which now provides customers with immediate access to an integrated, one-stop resource for support of their deployment of the Linux operating system and SAP applications."
Novell will demonstrate the full capabilities of SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP applications at the SAP TechEd 2010 conference being held at The Venetian/Palazzo Congress Center in Las Vegas, Oct. 19 to 21. Functions to be demonstrated include the automated installation function for SAP NetWeaver Enterprise Search with the installation wizard.
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP applications is available now. For more information, visit www.novell.com/products/sles-for-sap.
Novell är ledande inom Intelligent Workload Management. Det innebär att vi hjälper företag och organisationer att på ett säkert sätt leverera och hantera IT-tjänster i fysiska, virtuella och molnbaserade datormiljöer. Kunderna kan minska kostnaderna, komplexiteten och de risker som följer med IT-system med våra lösningar för identitet och säkerhet, systemhantering, samarbeten och Linux-baserade operativplattformar. Med våra infrastrukturprogram och ett stort antal partner kan vi integrera blandade IT-miljöer och se till att de fungerar som en enhet. För mer information, besök www.novell.se.