Stockholm, november 2011 - Quest Software har certifierat vRanger®, sin marknadsledande programvara för VMware backup, replikering och återställning, på HP StoreOnce Backup Systems. Certifieringen innebär att vRanger levererar en kostnadseffektiv och säker lösning vid säkerhetskopiering och återställning i VMware-miljöer. Kombinationen av vRanger och HP StoreOnce Backup Systems ger VMware-kunder hög prestanda, deduplicerad backup samt snabb och pålitlig återställning från disk.
För fullständig information se engelskt pressmeddelande
Quest Software, Inc. has certified vRanger®, its market-leading VMware backup, replication and recovery software, on HP StoreOnce Backup Systems to deliver a safe, efficient and cost-effective solution for backing up and recovering VMware environments. The combination of vRanger and HP StoreOnce Backup Systems provides VMware customers with high-performance, deduplicated backups and fast, reliable recovery from disk.
- Using vRanger’s comprehensive protection for VMware environments in tandem with HP StoreOnce Backup Systems enables customers to manage ever-increasing volumes of data by optimizing disk space usage and consolidating backups, while ensuring faster restore of critical data for disaster recovery.
- The use of vRanger with HP StoreOnce Backup Systems dramatically reduces the size of backup files by leveraging a host of data-reduction technologies.
- vRanger supports several space-saving mechanisms, including VMware Change Block Tracking, incremental and differential backups, and Quest’s patented active block mapping technology, which quickly scans block maps to back up only the changed blocks with active data.
- These space-saving technologies reduce the size of the backups sent to the StoreOnce Backup System, which further reduces the physical size of the backup with inline deduplication.
- For disaster recovery, the HP StoreOnce Backup System reduces bandwidth requirements for data replication to a remote location. vRanger backups also can be integrated with backup applications that support copying or migrating data from the HP StoreOnce Backup System to tape, delivering an added layer of disaster recovery and archiving capabilities.
John Maxwell, vice president, data protection product management, Quest Software
“Trends such as dramatic growth of mission-critical data and widespread adoption of virtualization have SMBs and enterprises alike looking for ways to do more while spending less. Quest’s technology alliances with leading data protection hardware providers help them achieve that goal. The combination of vRanger and HP StoreOnce Backup Systems gives customers the tools they need to implement an end-to-end data protection strategy that ensures full protection of their growing VMware virtual environments.”
Sean Kinney, director, Product Marketing, Storage, HP
“Companies are seeking business continuity solutions that increase performance without increasing their data center footprint or system administration costs. The HP StoreOnce Backup Systems together with Quest vRanger dramatically shrinks data recovery times and enables customers to get more out of their existing data center investment by optimizing disk space.”
Tweet this: @Quest delivers smaller, faster backups with HP: http://bit.ly/nBFvAU
- Quest news releases: www.quest.com/rss/news-releases.aspx
- Quest Software, Inc.: http://www.quest.com/
- VMware backup, replication and recovery: http://www.quest.com/vranger/
- Webcast: http://www.quest.com/events/ListDetails.aspx?ContentID=15724
För ytterligare information:
Paul Virgili, Sverigechef
Quest Software, Inc.
Tel: +46 8 444 99 93
Georgios Karpathakis, presskontakt
Tel: +46 739 33 20 12
Quest Software (Nasdaq: QSFT) simplifies and reduces the cost of managing IT for more than 100,000 customers worldwide. Our innovative solutions make solving the toughest IT management problems easier, enabling customers to save time and money across physical, virtual and cloud environments. For more information about Quest solutions for administration and automation, data protection, development and optimization, identity and access management, migration and consolidation, and performance monitoring, go to www.quest.com.