GU Holding mustering its strength for greater internationalisation2012-07-02 10:15
Over the last few years, GU Holding has been intensifying its efforts to actively help promote faster, more extensive internationalisation of its portfolio companies. Funding from the EU has helped to make this work possible, and positive effects have immediately been apparent.
It is absolutely crucial for projects and companies being incubated to come into contact with international participants in a global market. The projects and companies undergoing the GU Holding incubation process regularly maintain an extremely high level of technology and have the opportunity to compete in an international arena. Therefore, constant exposure of such projects and companies to foreign customers, international capital and foreign partners is a business-critical success factor. Below is a selection of bullet points showing activities that have taken place of late involving both the companies' own staff and GU Holding personnel:
- Biomatcell AB has participated in cooperation with GöteborgBIO in the Biomaterial World Congress in Chengdu, China, and is involved in talks with Chinese partners and North American participants.
- Cewatech AB were recently in the UK, testing how fungal biomass could be dried efficiently and on a large scale.
- Innovidis has presented the company's IP portfolio to stakeholders in Japan and Taiwan.
- With funding from Business Region Göteborg, MetaboGen AB has presented itself to the Chinese pharmaceutical industry in Shanghai, China.
- Ortoma AB has presented itself at the Biomaterial World Congress 2012 in Chengdu, China, and has travelled to Israel together with VINNOVA for negotiations with an Israeli partner. The company has also met potential partners and investors in London, Paris and Switzerland, as well as Irish key opinion leaders in Cork, Ireland. In addition to the official travel plans of the companies mentioned, a wide range of sales and capital raising initiatives are being undertaken by most of the portfolio companies.