With over 3.7 SEK billions ($462m) in assets under management, Storebrand's green bond fund, SPP Green Bond Fund is the world's largest dedicated green UCITS bond fund in the world. The fund has outperformed its competition since its' launch in 2015 making it the best and the largest green bond fund in the world.
- The fund's financial performance is key to making it easier for fund investors to replace their traditional bond funds with green ones. With a green bond fund outperforming all of its traditional bond funds competitors in the fund's Morningstar category there are no arguments left for not investing in green bonds, says Helena Lindahl, Senior Portfolio Manager, SPP Green Bond Fund.
The fund is structured as a traditional bond fund to assure a low level entry to green investments and to easily fit traditional investment portfolios.
- By promoting the value of sustainability, and showcasing how finance can be instrumental in changing the course of the world, we can provide investors with long-term returns and contribute to the global sustainability goals.
Fully invested in green
The fund is fully invested in labeled green bonds linked to businesses and projects that have a clear positive impact on the environment and society. The investments vary from renewable energy, waste management to water treatment and drinking water supply.
- A large part of the world's capital is found within the bond market – and in order to facilitate a transition to a low-carbon economy we need Green Bonds to become a larger part of the way we do business, Helena concludes.
- In 2017 SPP Green Bond Fund outperformed its competitors in its Morningstar category in, Short Bond Funds in Sweden. The total category contains 27 different traditional bond funds with a total of 205bn Swedish kroner in asset under management.
- In the spring of 2017 the fund was also awarded a silver medal in a sustainability evaluation of 3000 funds across asset classes. The study was conducted by the Swedish market leading insurance broker and advisor Söderberg & Partner's, renowned for their emphasis on sustainable investments.
SPP Funds is part of Storebrand Group, a leading player in the Nordic market for long-term savings and insurance and a pioneer within the field of sustainable investments.
Past performance is no guarantee of future returns. Future returns depend on the market, fund manager skill, fund risk level and costs, among other things. The performance may be negative due to losses and it may vary considerably within periods.Unit holders’ realised gains or losses will therefore depend on the actual timing of subscriptions or redemptions.
SPP erbjuder rådgivning och ett brett sortiment av spar- och pensionslösningar för företag, organisationer och privatpersoner. SPPs hemsida www.spp.se