The most luxurious ship ever built has now set sail, as Seven Seas Explorer of Regent Seven Seas Cruises was christened in Monaco on July 13, 2016.
Being the Lead Architects for this highly prestigious project, Tillberg Design of Sweden were responsible for the majority of the interiors onboard, including some of the cruise industry’s most breathtaking indoor & outdoor areas.
- Regent Suite Master Suite • Concierge Suite • De Luxe Suite
- Atrium, Main Lobby & Reception • Boutiques & Retail • Coffee Connection
- Explorer Lounge • Meridian Lounge • Library • Casino
- Compass Rose Restaurant • Main Pool & Pool Lounge
The Regent Suite – The most opulent accommodation at sea!
TDoS has designed the lavish Regent Suite, which really takes luxury to the next level. It is, by far, the largest and most opulent suite at sea, and will rent for approx. (A$13,000) 9 900 USD per night.With its 3,875-square-foot (412 square meters) of space, it features a generous en-suite spa retreat and a vast living room with private bar and a custom-made Steinway Arabesque piano. In addition, it has a glass-enclosed, outdoor sitting area - aptly named The Vista Garden - with a magnificent, unobstructed 270-degree view over the ship’s bow and the horizon.
Two Picassos embellish the suite entrance, (the ship holds 2500 art pieces onboard at a total value of 6 million USD).
Michal Jackiewicz, one of TDoS partners and senior architect, says “The brief was to create a new level of grandeur throughout the ship. You could say that the Regent Suite sets the tone for the rest of the ship’s design. It has an incredible sense of spaciousness and an unmatched attention to detail.”
Compass Rose – The signature Grand Dining room
Being the flagship restaurant and one of the many gourmet options onboard, Compass Rose is located off the atrium lobby. The Restaurant has a sophisticated contemporary look, with an elegant and airy design motif. It features a beautiful, cascading aqua-blue chandelier, giving a very colourful, almost a grotto-like touch to the central part of the restaurant.
“TDoS are also proud to have designed and managed a complete and beautiful Signage Package for the ship”, adds Jackiewicz.
Some curiosa of the ship:
- 552 is the number of crew onboard to the need of 750 guests, which makes it 1.36 guest-to-crew ratio.
- To make this ship even more luxurious there is 376 crystal chandeliers in the restaurants and public areas, and 97 crystal chandeliers in the larger suites.
- In Compass Rose you find 400 purpose-built Versace place settings.
- 2148 bottles of champagne and 5712 bottles of wine were ordered for Seven Seas Explorer’s maiden voyage.
Please click here to watch the making of this luxurious ship.
TILLBERG DESIGN of SWEDEN (TDoS) - the world’s leading company within marine architecture and interior design. We plan and design innovative, elegant and timeless interiors of all kinds and sizes, both at sea and ashore.