2013-06-19 20:30 GeoQuiz Den populära tipsrundan har moderniserats. Svenska GeoQuiz lanserar en webbaserad tjän...
ShapeUp Club reaches 1 million users
ShapeUp Club2011-12-02 12:43
Today, the 2nd of December 2011, ShapeUp Club reached an impressive amount of 1 million users.
- Our goal was to reach 1 million registrations in the end of this year but the user base has grown quicker than we expected, according to Martin Wählby one of the founders of ShapeUp Club.
The service is Northern Europe's fastest growing weight loss service, and has increased their user base with more than 400 percent during 2011.
- We are growing with more than 2000 new members per day, organically. This is just the beginning, both the service and the market is growing very fast and we are now off towards our next goal, Martin states.
ABI Research recently released a report which predicts that the sports and health mobile app market is on pace to hit $400 million in revenues by 2016. That’s up from $120 million in 2010, meaning the market could quadruple over the next four years.
In 2011, the company launched ShapeUp Club for Android phones. The app is already in the top charts in the health section on the Android Market in several countries.
- We have been available for Apple's iPhone since 2008. Today more than half of the smart phones sold are using the Android OS. Therefore, it feels really good to also be able to offer our customers an Android app, Martin says.
The customers loves the service. In many countries the app have 4-5 star ratings.
- We get daily feedback that shows that the service is really working, the average customer loses about 4 kg in weight, Martin says.
The members of ShapeUp Club have so far managed to:
- Lose a total of about 4 million kg in weight
- Track about 100 million food items and 7 million workouts in their diaries
- Burn about 1,5 billion calories in exercise