When the final curtains fell on the Nanjing 2014 Youth Olympic on 28 August, Atos also successfully wrapped up the the complex IT operations that enabled smooth running of the Games. As lead IT integrator, Atos led other technology partners in delivering, managing and securing the mission-critical IT infrastructure and and processes, ensuring the seamless operations and relaying competition results without a glitch to a worldwide audience in real time.
During the 13 days of competition, thousands of young athletes had demonstrated their talents, tenacity and sportsmanship. Behind the scenes, Atos Business technologists also demonstrated steadfast dedication and effective teamwork to overcome numerous challenges and deliver the critical Games Management and Information Systems that facilitated the following:
1. Processing and delivery of over 200,000 accreditation badges to the YOG family including athletes, media, National Olympic Committees and International Sports Federation;
2. Infrastructure implementation of more than 2,000 PCs in over 30 venues;
3. Up to 1,000,000,000 files uploaded;
4. Delivering accurate real-time results and data from all 28 sports to official website and worldwide broadcasters.
For this Games, Atos also unveiled a number of game-changing technology initiatives including:
1. The integration of 3D modeling system into other operation and monitoring applications, which transformed the technology operation into a visualized management platform with
3D and 2D graphic displays to familiarize the team with the operating
environments and respective roles before and during the Games;
2. Launch of Olympic Video Player (OVP) for Olympic Broadcast Service (OBS), which enabled users to view 24-hour live streaming of more than 220 sporting events as well as video and audio of these events on demand with statistics on their computers, smart phones and mobile devices.
Unrivaled Track Record of Powering the Games With Leading Edge Business Technology Solutions
Nanjing 2014 represents Atos' second Youth Olympic Games as the Chief IT System Integrator, and we have delivered yet another flawless performance.
Atos brings to Nanjing an unrivalled track record in delivering these kinds of management and information systems at over 100 major international sporting events including Sochi 2014, London 2012 and Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games. We have over 500 dedicated specialists to ensure best practice in delivering critical IT services whilst driving breakthrough innovations for every major Games including the upcoming Singapore 2015 South East Asian Games. So do keep your eyes peeled.
Practice makes perfect - the lessons we learn in such a high-pressure environment helps us to improve the quality of our services, and our ability to deliver complex projects in all other industries and markets. Just like for the Games, our Business Technologists will keep pushing the boundaries of what can be done to help our customers to get the most value from enterprise IT infrastructure and services.