In view that Easter is approaching soon this year on the 27th March 2016; we are cracking up Easter celebrations with a list of Easter Trivia you may not know!
1) Easter Holiday is older than Christmas! It is actually the oldest Christian Holiday.
2) Ever wondered what was the significance behind Easter Eggs and bunnies? In ancient times, Rabbits and Eggs were perceived as a sign of fertility and new life. This symbolism stemmed from the Romans, Greeks, Persians and Ancient Egyptians.
3) Easter falls in spring and springtime is associated with new life and rebirth. As it is 3 days after Good Friday, and Christians celebrate the resurrection of Christ on this day.
4) The Easter Bunny lays eggs. In reality, rabbits and hares are mammals that do not lay eggs. Ha!
5) A long time ago, pretzels were also linked with Easter as the twists on pretzels looked like arms intertwining in prayer.
6) Fancy edible Easter Bunnies? Made with pastry and sugar, they were available as early as 1800s in Germany.
7) The biggest Easter Egg ever was 25ft tall and made of Chocolate and Marshmallow.
8) An estimate of $14.7 billion is spent every Easter across the world!
9) Candy makers should be joyous every Easter as it is the second top-selling confectionary holiday after Halloween.
10) Hot cross buns were one of the earliest Easter treats and were distributed to the poor and needy by European monks.
Hop on to the bandwagon and celebrate Easter this year at Marina Mandarin Singapore. Skip the hassle of flying and enjoy our Easter Escapade deal with 10% discount off best available rates when you stay from 25th March 2016 -03 April 2016. After checking in, hop on down to Singapore AquaMarine on Sunday, 27th March 2016 to savor a delectable spread of Sunday brunch with loved ones. Families can let the little ones dig into mini buffet stations and have fun with the egg-hunting activities we have lined up for them!