Close to 200 Norwegian companies are currently established in Singapore. These companies represent one of the highest concentrations of Norwegian business interests in any city in the world outside Norway.
The Norwegian Business Association (Singapore) - NBAS was founded in 1993. The main objectives are to provide a forum on an organised and continuing basis where people from the Norwegian business community in Singapore can exchange views and information within the Norwegian business community and other business communities in Singapore and the region. Further, NBAS cooperates with Team Norway in Singapore, which consists of the Royal Norwegian Embassy, the Norwegian Seafood Council and Innovation Norway in Singapore; to promote trade, investments, finance, industry and cultural cooperation between Norway and Singapore on a bilateral and multilateral level.
NBAS is a major player in the Norwegian community. NBAS organises around 15-20 events on an annual basis, such as breakfast meetings, networking events and thematic conferences. NBAS liaises with Team Norway in Singapore, and many of the activities are carried out in close cooperation with them. The NBAS Secretariat also shares office space with Team Norway. In addition, NBAS cooperates with the Swedish Chamber of Commerce Singapore, The Danish Business Association of Singapore and the Finnish Business Council Singapore, as well as the other Norwegian Business Associations and Chambers in Asia.
Vacancy: Project Coordinator NBAS Secretariat
We are looking for an extrovert and service-minded person who can conduct herself/himself professionally with any group of people. The Association can offer an exciting job with a variety of work tasks. The successful candidate will get invaluable international work experience and will be able to build a professional and social network.
The tasks of the Secretariat can be sorted into the following categories:
- Event/Project Management: organise breakfast/lunch meetings; seminars/conferences; annual events such as the Norwegian Seafood Dinner, as well as events organised together with Team Norway
- Social Media/Digital Marketing: press contact, regular updating of all of NBAS’ social media channels, publishing of news articles and developing NBAS’ social media marketing strategy
- NBAS Website: regular updating, publishing of news articles and maintenance
- Strategic tasks: assist on development of new projects and of NBAS, deputy secretary to the NBAS Committee
- Administrative tasks: membership administration, accounting and budgeting
NBAS is looking for a person with the following skills:
- Ability to represent NBAS in an international context and in international fora
- Energetic, enthusiastic, self-motivated and service minded
- Excellent command of spoken and written Norwegian and English
- Good computer skills (MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Experience within project management
- Experience with social media marketing
- Applicants must be a Permanent Resident or hold a Dependant’s Pass in Singapore
- The NBAS Office is closed for Christmas and in July
- The Coordinator position is on a 40% part time basis
- Start date: September 2018
- The role assists and reports to the Executive Director of NBAS Secretariat
If you are interested, please submit your application and CV by e-mail no later than Friday 24 August 2018.
Silje Kalsaas, Executive Director, NBAS
E-mail: email@example.com, Phone: +65 97809674