- 217,000 square metres to be ready in three years
- Guangzhou, China (8 March 2012) - Ascendas, Asia’s leading business space solutions provider, and Sino-Singapore Guangzhou Knowledge City Investment and Development Co Ltd (SSGKC), today celebrated the groundbreaking of Ascendas OneHub GKC. SSGKC is a joint venture formed between Singbridge International Singapore Pte Ltd (Singbridge) and Guangzhou Development District (GDD).
- The groundbreaking event was graced by Guest-of-Honour Mr Wan Qing Liang, Party Secretary
of Guangzhou, and attended by Mr Chen Jianhua, Mayor of Guangzhou, Mr Loh Tuck Wai, Consul General of Singapore Consulate-General in Guangzhou, Mr Zhang Guifang, Vice-Mayor
and Member of the Municipal Leading Party Group, Mr Ling Weixian, Standing Committee
Member of Guangzhou and Party Secretary of LuoGang District, Mr Cui Xinyu, Vice Chairman of
GDD, Mr Wong Wing Kien, CEO of Ascendas China and Mr Chen Changxin, Deputy CEO of SSGKC.
- Phase one construction of 217,000 square metres comprising high quality business space, lifestyle amenities and residential facilities is expected to be completed in three years offering multinational and local companies a vibrant one-stop location for working, living and relaxation. Multi-tenanted buildings, stand-alone office space, conveniently located F&B outlets with a wide
range of local and international cuisines, lifestyle facilities, and residential units will cater to the
park’s community. This dynamic hub will be connected to a metro station located at the North-
West side of the park.
- Ms Chong Siak Ching, Ascendas President and CEO, said, “Together with Singbridge and GDD,
we intend to attract companies involved in knowledge-based industries such as software
development, R&D and other high value-added activities to this new integrated community.”
- Located in the heart of China’s up-and-coming Guangzhou Knowledge City, the 30-hectare
Ascendas OneHub GKC will be developed in phases over 10 years at a total cost of RMB 2.3
billion. The project comprises business space across the spectrum of multi-tenanted, construct-to-sell, and built-to-suit, as well as residential and lifestyle amenities. The design of the park also
incorporates elements to achieve green LEED certification. Modelled after Ascendas’ successful
flagships such as the Singapore Science Park and International Tech Park Bangalore, Ascendas
OneHub GKC will provide valuable infrastructure to support the growth of China’s key industry
sectors, meeting the needs of companies in hi-tech, software development and R&D.
- Mr Wong Wing Kien, CEO of Ascendas China, said, “This project deepens Ascendas’
commitment in China and extends our reach to the Pearl River Delta. At Ascendas OneHub GKC, we aim to create an excellent environment where a socially integrated community of expatriate and local elites can gather to live, work and relax together.”
- “The Integrated Business Park is an integral component of our industry development and investment promotion strategy to attract knowledge-based companies into Guangzhou
Knowledge City by providing them with excellent facilities in an integrated work-live-play
environment. This project will further accelerate the development of the Start-up Area of
Guangzhou Knowledge City, which is progressing rapidly across all fronts including physical
development, infrastructure development, strategic initiatives and software cooperation. ”Said Mr
Tay Hun Kiat, CEO of Sino-Singapore Guangzhou Knowledge City Investment and Development
About Ascendas Group (www.ascendas.com)
Ascendas is Asia’s leading provider of business space solutions with more than 30 years of experience. Based in Singapore, Ascendas has built a strong regional presence and serves a global clientele of over 2,400 customers in 25 cities across 10 countries including Singapore, China, India, South Korea and Australia.
Ascendas specialises in masterplanning, developing, managing and marketing IT parks, industrial & logistics parks, business parks, science parks, hi-tech facilities, office and retail spaces. Leveraging on its track record and experience, Ascendas has introduced new business space concepts such as integrated communities and solutions which seamlessly combine high-quality business, lifestyle, retail and hospitality spaces to create conducive human-centric work-live-play-learn environments. Its flagship projects include the Singapore Science Park and Changi City at Changi Business Park in Singapore, International Tech Park Bangalore in India and Ascendas-Xinsu in Suzhou Industrial Park, China. Ascendas provides end-to-end real estate solutions, assisting companies across the entire real estate process.
In November 2002, Ascendas launched Singapore’s first business space trust, Ascendas Real Estate Investment Trust (A-REIT), and in August 2007, Ascendas India Trust (a-iTrust) was launched as the first listed Indian property trust. In July 2012, Ascendas listed Ascendas Hospitality Trust (A-HTRUST), which comprises a portfolio of quality hotels in Australia, China, Japan and Singapore. Besides managing listed real estate funds, Ascendas also manages a series of private funds with commercial and industrial assets across Asia.