Solid wood flooring, also known as hardwood flooring is the traditional type of flooring. This type of flooring is made using natural and durable woods. The types of wood used for this kind of flooring include maple, oak etc. This type of flooring will last longer when it is very well maintained.
On the other hand, laminate flooring is a multi-layer synthetic flooring whose inner core layer is made of fiber board and melamine resin materials. This type of flooring imitates the way wood looks and usually with a laminate finish. This type of flooring is also less expensive compared to solid wood flooring, however does not last as solid wood flooring.
Since it is confusing to sometimes decide on which kind of flooring to go for, here are a few points to consider before making your final decision:
1) Cost: Hardwood flooring is usually costly and this depends on how hard the wood is. The cost of installing solid wood flooring is also higher compared to laminate flooring.
2) Durability: Laminate flooring resists scratches, wear and tear and moisture better than solid wood flooring since it is laminated. Hardwood flooring is difficult to clean but more appealing compared to laminate flooring.
3) Installation: Hardwood flooring is difficult to install unlike laminate flooring. Laminate flooring is packed as planks in a way so that they can easily lap into one another. If you make mistake with the installation of solid wood flooring, it could be costly and frustrating.
4) Maintenance: In laminate flooring, there is no frequent repairs since it doesn’t wear and tear easily as it resistant to scratches as well. On the other hand, solid wood flooring can be easily repaired by refinishing and sanding out imperfections.
5) Environmental considerations: If sunlight enters your house, do not consider using solid wood flooring since it can fade away easily as it is a natural product. For health and environmental reasons, consider the melamine resin in laminate flooring as it may be a source of concern.
TFG Flooring (The Floor Gallery Private Limited_ is founded with the objective to supply and install high eco quality flooring products to home owners and commercial property owners in Singapore. With high end eco quality flooring products, home owners will be able to enjoy high quality standards from the flooring products. At The Floor Gallery, the flooring group also believes in strong customer relationships as well as professional flooring installation worksmanship.
Home owners and commercial property owners will therefore get to enjoy high end quality flooring products for the indoor and as well as the outdoor flooring application. The Floor Gallery group focuses on its 3 strengths in all its dealings. Firstly, responsible flooring contractor company that will make sure that all its flooring products and services are of the highest quality. Secondly, sustainable flooring in its product line, therefore ensuring greater benefit to the environment as well as better living quality at home for the home owners and their families. Thirdly, exemplifying flooring expertise. At The Floor Gallery, we only choose to work with highly skilled and professional flooring installers that will ensure high quality installation standards to the entire flooring.