FANUC CORPORATION, the world’s largest company in CNC, Robot and ROBOMACHINEs, and Rockwell Automation, Inc. (NYSE:ROK), the world’s largest company dedicated to industrial automation and information solutions, announced today an advanced global collaboration to provide customers with a more seamless and integrated manufacturing solution. The two companies have expanded their initial collaboration, which started four years ago, in the CNC and Logix programmable automation controller (Logix PAC) environments with further integration of robotics, ROBOMACHINEs and enterprise software products. The effort will have an initial impact on applications in the automotive industry, where customers can experience benefits of a preferred integration plug-and-play automation and information solution.
“FANUC had already been offering flexible open interfaces to complementary automation systems globally. However, FANUC and Rockwell Automation together agree that our globally shared customer base wants a completely integrated automation solution. So, I am proud to announce this advanced global collaboration with Rockwell Automation that allows us to offer a preferred integration solution to our customers around the world,” states Dr. Eng. Yoshiharu Inaba, President and CEO of FANUC CORPORATION.
Rockwell Automation Chairman and CEO Keith D. Nosbusch stated, “The global collaboration between Rockwell Automation and FANUC is a direct response to our customers’ needs for more effective integration across manufacturing disciplines. Integrating FANUC CNC, robot and ROBOMACHINE portfolios with our integrated control and information solutions will result in better manufacturing agility, to help customers achieve a secure connected enterprise.”
The two industry leaders will demonstrate the collaborative solutions at IMTS 2014 in the FANUC Booth #S-8919 and Rockwell Automation Booth #E-4979. System integrators, end users and machine-tool builders can see firsthand the benefits these solutions bring including simplified architectures, faster startups, improved synchronisation between platforms, lower maintenance, improved productivity and transparent data access across the entire connected manufacturing enterprise. Demonstrations include:
• A fully integrated automotive-machining cell – showcasing FANUC ROBODRILLs, powered by FANUC CNCs, integrated with a Rockwell Automation Logix PAC, showing automotive machining with a FANUC robot loading/unloading FANUC ROBODRILLs.
• An ability to use a Rockwell Automation HMI to operate a FANUC robot – allowing attendees to use a Rockwell Automation industrial computer which supports FANUC 4D graphics to operate a FANUC robot in an interactive kiosk.
• A fenceless robot cell in action – demonstrating a fenceless FANUC robot system using Rockwell Automation safety sensors.
• Live access to machining data from multiple sources using traditional HMI and commercial mobile devices – Rockwell Automation Logix PAC and FactoryTalk View and VantagePoint software gather machining data from FANUC CNCs in four different locations: a remote fabrication factory at FANUC in Japan, the automotive cell in the FANUC IMTS Booth, a 5-axis demo of two machines in the FANUC IMTS Booth, and the Rockwell Automation automotive powertrain demo in the Rockwell Automation IMTS Booth.
• Component-assembly demo – the Rockwell Automation iTRAK Intelligent Track System integrated with a FANUC robot showcases independent control of multiple pallets for component-assembly system demo in the Rockwell Automation IMTS Booth.
Similar demonstrations are planned globally at additional events including JIMTOF (in Tokyo, Japan, 30 October - 4 November 2014) and Automation Fair (in Anaheim, California, 19 - 20 November 2014).
News Release Assets
Image available upon request or at box.net
FANUC CORPORATION, headquartered at the foot of Mt. Fuji, Japan, is the global leader and the most innovative manufacturer of Factory Automation, Robots and ROBOMACHINEs in the world. With over 230 offices in 45 countries, FANUC provides world-class service and support to customers globally. Since its inception in 1956, FANUC has contributed to the automation of machine tools as a pioneer in the development of computer numerical control equipment. FANUC technology has been a leading force in a worldwide manufacturing revolution, which evolved from the automation of a single machine to the automation of entire production lines.
About FANUC America Corporation
FANUC America Corporation is headquartered at 3900 W. Hamlin Road, Rochester Hills, Michigan 48309, and is a subsidiary of FANUC CORPORATION in Japan. FANUC America provides innovative automation solutions in the Americas including industry-leading CNC systems, robotics and factory automation solutions with 39 locations supporting customers throughout North and South America. For more information about FANUC America Corporation, call: 888-FANUC-US (888-326-8287) or visit our website: www.fanucamerica.com. Also, connect with us on YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and LinkedIn.
About Rockwell Automation
Rockwell Automation, Inc. (NYSE: ROK), the world’s largest company dedicated to industrial automation and information, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Rockwell Automation employs about 22,000 people serving customers in more than 80 countries.
Connections for Rockwell Automation
+65 6334 9045