1. The Land Transport Authority (LTA) has awarded two contracts to widen the stretch of the Pan-Island Expressway (PIE) today. When completed, one lane will be added to the main expressway in both directions, which will increase the capacity of the PIE and improve overall traffic flow for motorists using the expressway.
2. The two contracts involve road widening works along the following stretches of the PIE between:
i. Clementi Avenue 6 and Bukit Timah Expressway (BKE) - ER371
ii. Bukit Timah Expressway( BKE ) and Adam Road - ER343
3. The two new contracts are awarded to Hwa Seng Builder Pte Ltd at a total contract sum of $ 77.96 million. Hwa Seng Builder Pte Ltd is a local contractor who has considerable experience in various road construction projects. They are currently the contractors for road improvement works along the PIE (Changi) between CTE/ PIE Interchange and Aljunied Flyover. They have also been involved in past road improvement projects, such as the widening of Changi Coast Road.
4. Works will start from the second half of this year and the entire widening project is expected to complete by 2014. Please refer to the location map for more information on the widening project.
5. Should motorists have any enquires, they can contact the LTA hotline at 1800-CALL LTA.