Smaller, rugged device addresses growing value-tier mobile computing market and helps enterprises improve operational efficiency
SCHAUMBURG, Ill. – Dec. 12, 2011 – Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI), a leading provider of mission-critical communication solutions and services for enterprise and government customers, today introduced the MC2100 industrial mobile computing series, addressing the need for a smaller, rugged mobile computer that expands the range of solutions available for both large enterprises and small- and medium-sized businesses.
MC2100 KEY FACTS
- Motorola redefines the value tier for rugged mobile computers with five configurations of the MC2100 that include three different scan engines, options for batch and WLAN connectivity, and vertical-specific accessories.
- The lightweight and ergonomic MC2100 is ideal for inventory management, stock replenishment, price marking, and shelf labeling.
- The MC2100 will be the first value-tier rugged handheld in the mobile computing industry to support HTML5 via Motorola’s RhoElements application enablement framework.
- The MC2100 mobile computing series leverages the same hardware platform as other Motorola mobile computing products to help simplify application support and integration into an enterprise environment.
- Motorola’s MC2100 mobile computer will be available with the Service from the Start with Comprehensive Coverage program, providing coverage for normal wear and tear as well as accidental damage to internal and external components, significantly reducing unforeseen repair expenses.
- Motorola’s MC2100 mobile computing series is expected to ship in the first quarter of 2012.
Girish Rishi, corporate vice president and general manager of mobile computing, Motorola Solutions
“With the MC2100 mobile computing series, Motorola Solutions is leveraging its core mobile computing fundamentals and technology leadership to ensure value-tier and price-conscious customers will not have to compromise on ergonomics or functionality. The MC2100 will help improve operational efficiencies for our traditional enterprise customers and open up new market segments around the world from small- to medium-sized businesses.”
George Zicman, senior vice president of sales, Quest Solution
"We are excited about the opportunities in the marketplace with Motorola's new MC2100 mobile computer. The MC2100 satisfies the demand by many of our customers for a rugged mobile computer with a color touch screen, data capture capabilities and Wi-Fi at a very competitive price. In conjunction with our WTMiP communications software and our VIA suite of software solutions, the MC2100 is an excellent fit to manage inventories and improve efficiencies for our retail and pharmaceutical customer base."
About Motorola Solutions
Motorola Solutions is a leading provider of mission-critical communication solutions and services for enterprise and government customers. Through leading-edge innovation and communications technology, it is a global leader that enables its customers to be their best in the moments that matter. Motorola Solutions trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker “MSI.” To learn more, visit www.motorolasolutions.com. For ongoing news, please visit our media center or subscribe to our news feed.
- Bill Abelson
- Shirley Schroedl
Motorola Solutions, Inc. Analyst Relations
MOTOROLA, MOTO, MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC and are used under license. Microsoft, Windows and Windows Mobile are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries. Android is a trademark of Google, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2011 Motorola Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.