UNINETT AS and SnapTV have concluded a
five-year agreement after an invitation to tender.
The agreement means that SnapTV will deliver and distribute IPTV services to Norwegian universities, colleges, student campuses and other organizations associated with UNINETT AS.
UNINETT AS is the parent company of the UNINETT Group, and develops and operates the Norwegian national research and education network, a high-capacity computer network interconnecting about 200 Norwegian educational and research institutions and more than 300 000 users, as well as giving them access to international research networks.
The company supplies a range of services connected with the research network, among other things in the fields of identity management, purchasing co-operation, mobility, network management and security.
UNINETT carries on innovation and development work in its technical fields and is involved in a wide range of activities internationally. For further information, see our services overview here:
- SnapTV is an entrepreneurial IPTV specialist company, majority owned by founders and employees, and backed by investment funds ProVenture Invest and NorInnova Invest
- SnapTV is a professional partner for ICT System Integrators, delivering high quality IPTV systems for maritime, health-care, hospitality, offices, compounds, ISPs and other small to medium sized IP networks
- SnapTV’s simultaneously broad and deep know-how in the area of digital TV, streaming, network technologies and IT systems makes it possible to join the two worlds: Broadband and Broadcast
- Since 2005, SnapTV has deployed complete IPTV systems to demanding customers world-wide.
- SnapTV has its head office in Tromsø, Norway with Sales offices in Oslo, Norway and London, UK