Why Switch to LED Lighting? by VTX solutions Singapore http://www.vtxsolutions.webs.com/
This article explains the benefits of LED lighting.
LED is the common abbreviation for a light-emitting diode.
Each LED consist of a semiconductor diode that lights up when voltage is applied to it. The technology has been around for decades, though generally used as
indicator lights in electronic devices. LED technology has now progressed to the point where it can be used in other lighting applications.
The following are the benefits of LED Lighting:
* extremely energy efficient, consuming up to 90% less power than incandescent or halogen bulbs and up to 50% less than fluorescent or CFL.
* less heat emission, therefore loading on air conditioners is reduced resulting in further electricity savings.
* long life span thus reducing maintenance and lamp replacement costs and lower long-term operating costs.
* environmentally friendly as they do not contain toxic mercury or any other hazardous materials.
Secondly,wth the reduction in electricity usage, less coal need to be burned in coal-fired power plants to supply that electricity, This result in less
carbon dioxide (a greenhouse gas), sulfur dioxide, nitrous oxides, and mercury being emitted to the environment.
As a result, installation of LEDs leads to less pollution and a lower carbon footprint.
* light up instantly without flickering. No warm-up period required. When turned on, they are at full brightness.
* Life span unaffected by frequent turning on and off.
* no UV radiation therefore ideal for shining on "heat and light sensitive" merchandise such as watches, jewellery, leather goods, antiques and artwork. Also
prevent premature aging of skin due to uv exposure.
* do not attract flying insects as insects are drawn to UV light.
* directional and focus light in the areas required therefore reduces light wastage.
* safer as there are no fragile filaments to break. They are normally assembled in aluminium and plastic, instead of glass casing, making them more robust
and shockproof. Even when they are broken, they do not shatter into pieces like glass or emit harmful gas.
* Although LED light bulbs cost more than traditional light bulbs, they are much cheaper to operate and last much longer, thus saves money in the long run.
Furthermore all our products come with warranty ranging from a few months to a few years. The energy efficiency and environmental benefits translate into
financial savings for you and a cleaner environment for everyone.
VTX Solutions is a Singapore-based supplier of LED lighting. Products oferred by VTX Solutions include LED T8 tubes, LED Spotlights, LED Bulbs, LED
Downlights, LED Panel lights, LED Outdoors Floodlights, LED lamps for machines, LED torches, LED PLC lamps and LED Street Lights/ High Bay Lights.
The LED chips used in VTX Solutions products are manufactured by CREE, Nichia, Samsung or Liteon which ensure the reliability and performance of the lights.
Most of VX Solutions products meet international standards such as CE, FCC, ETL, TUV, UL, RoHS or CNS 15233.
VTX Solutions is headed by Mr KP Loh who has vast experience in the semiconductor industry including more than 15 years in LED-related business. He
previously held positions as R&D Manager and Marketing Manager of Hewlett Packard (LED division), Singapore.
For more information visit: http://vtxsolutions.webs.com/
VTX Solutions is a Singapore-based supplier of LED, fluorescent and solar lighting products. We have a strong track record of customer projects in the commercial, retail, hospitality and residential markets.
Our LED lights can be used used to replace existing lights (especially inefficient halogens) or installed in new buildings. We offer a wide variety of LED T8 tubes, LED Spotlights, LED Bulbs, LED Downlights, LED Outdoors Floodlights, LED lamps for machines, LED torches, LED PLC lamps and LED Street Lights/ High Bay Lights.
The LED chips used in our products are manufactured by CREE, Nichia, Samsung or Liteon which ensure the reliability and performance of the lights.
Most of our products meet international standards such as CE, FCC, ETL, TUV, UL, RoHS or CNS 15233. (Please go to FAQ page for definition of the various certifications).
Our T8 to T5 Fluorescent converter is PSB approved. We also offer award-winning solar tiles and blocks.
Most of our products are from Taiwan.
The company is headed by Mr KP Loh who has vast experience in the semiconductor industry including more than 15 years in LED-related business. He previously held positions as R&D Manager and Marketing Manager of Hewlett Packard (LED division), Singapore.
Armed with strong technical expertise, we aim to deliver good service and competitive pricing to our customers. We help match the right lighting products to the application so that the desired light output is generated and the highest return on investment is achieved.
Our affiliated company, VFZLED Pte Ltd is the sole distributor of FZLED products. All enquiries on the products are welcome.