Jan 15, 2013 17:21 SGT Goodrich Global Pte Ltd Thinking of Timber Engineered Flooring for your home? When flooring your home you may ...
Cisco Introduces New Entry-Level Certification: Cisco Certified Technician
Cisco (SG)Aug 24, 2011 15:57 SGT
Cisco today introduced the Cisco Certified Technician (CCT) to its Career Certification Program. The CCT training and certification programs are designed for technicians who perform onsite support and maintenance of Cisco infrastructure for Routing and Switching, TelePresence and Data Center solutions.
As the network evolves to meet new organizational and business requirements, the demand for skilled IT professionals continues to grow. Developed by the Cisco Technical Assistance Center, the CCT certifications validate the job skills of hardware field engineers who perform onsite support, maintain Cisco equipment and effectively work with the Cisco Technical Assistance Center to resolve onsite support issues. The modular online training can be conveniently accessed when needed, maximizing flexibility for technicians serving customers in the field.
- The CCT certifications validate product-specific skills in installing, verifying, replacing and troubleshooting Cisco networking equipment onsite.
- Cisco authorized training courses provide technicians with proper maintenance and troubleshooting procedures, as well as training on how to work efficiently with the Cisco Global Technical Assistance Center.
- The online course features text, audio narration, graphics and videos, and can be completed in multiple short sessions, minimizing time out of the field.
- A single 90-minute exam is required for each certification in the three technology areas. Exams are available at all Pearson VUE testing facilities worldwide.
- Jeanne Beliveau-Dunn, vice president and general manager, Learning@Cisco, said: "Onsite IT technicians and their employers responsible for support of Cisco networking equipment now have a formal way to qualify their ability to work with a customer's critical networking infrastructure. Cisco Certified Technicians become members of the largest community of networking professionals in the industry, and have the opportunity to expand their support, implementation and design skills through additional Cisco authorized training and certification programs."
- David Lamb, director, Technical Services, Americas,Cisco, said: "This new certification ensures that our third-party maintenance partners have a high level of technical expertise that enables technicians to have a clear differentiator in the field."
- Tom Praschak, vice president, Service Operations, Dimension Data Americas, said: "Profitability in support work can hinge on efficiency in completing tasks and the ability to act independently. The CCT is a cost-effective way to help ensure staff have appropriate skills while minimizing time away from the job. It allows us to differentiate our service on Cisco equipment from our competitors."
- John Ornat, service technician, NCR, said:"CCT helps candidates become more skilled and efficient at working with Cisco networking equipment, while distinguishing their skills for career advancement."
Availability & Pricing:
The following online training courses are offered as a one-year subscription and are available only from Cisco Learning Network store. The training requires approximately six hours per track. The one-year subscription is $299 USD per track.
- Supporting Cisco Routing & Switching Network Devices, v1.0
- Supporting Cisco TelePresence System Devices, v1.0
- Supporting Cisco Data Center System Devices, v1.0
Exams will be available beginning August 23, 2011 through Pearson Vue at $125 USD per exam.
- For more information on CCT, visit: https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/community/certifications/cct
Social Media Destinations: