Key factors driving the market are rising prevalence of sleep related disorders, emerging local pharmaceutical & biopharmaceutical companies, and increasing awareness regarding neurological disorders. However, factors such as side effects and risks associated with narcolepsy medications and delayed diagnosis or misdiagnosis of narcolepsy are likely to restrain the market growth to a certain extent.
Get Sample Copy of the Report at - https://www.theinsightpartners.com/sample/TIPRE00003326/
Some of the prominent players operating in narcolepsy market are Bioprojet, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Jazz Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Graymark Healthcare, Inc., Arena Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Shire (Acquired by Takeda), Ligand Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Novartis AG, Mylan N.V., and Shionogi Inc.
The market players are focused towards bringing new and innovative products and services to sustain their position in the market. For instance, in October, 2018, Officials with the FDA have approved Jazz Pharmaceuticals' Xyrem (sodium oxybate) for the treatment of cataplexy and excessive daytime sleepiness in pediatric patients aged 7 to 17 years with narcolepsy. The drug had previously been approved for use in adult patients. The developments performed by the companies are helping the market to grow in the coming years.
The narcolepsy market by type is segmented into narcolepsy with cataplexy, narcolepsy without cataplexy, and secondary cataplexy. In 2018, the narcolepsy with cataplexy segment held a largest market share of 65.1% of the narcolepsy market, by type. This segment is also expected to dominate the market in 2027 owing to its significant prevalence among patients suffering with narcolepsy. Episodes of cataplexy are reported to be encountered among 55-60% of patients suffering with narcolepsy. Moreover, the similar segment is anticipated to also witness the fastest growth rate of 9.7% during the forecast period, 2019 to 2027 owing to the increasing demand for drugs to treat the disease.
Avail Discount on the Report at - https://www.theinsightpartners.com/discount/TIPRE00003326/
Global Narcolepsy Market - By Type
- Narcolepsy with Cataplexy
- Narcolepsy without Cataplexy
- Secondary Cataplexy
Global Narcolepsy Market – By ProductSodium Oxybate
- Central Nervous System (CNS) Stimulants
Global Narcolepsy Market – By Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
Strategic acquisition and product launches were observed as the most adopted strategy in global narcolepsy industry. Few of the recent product launch and acquisitions are listed below:
2018: Jazz Pharmaceuticals announced FDA approval of Xyrem (sodium oxybate) for the treatment of cataplexy or excessive daytime sleepiness in pediatric narcolepsy patients
2019: Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited acquired Shire plc to expand its geographic footprint and leading position in Japan and the U.S.
2018: Jazz Pharmaceuticals announced FDA acceptance of supplemental new drug application for Xyrem (sodium oxybate) to treat cataplexy and excessive daytime sleepiness in pediatric narcolepsy patients
Purchase this report at - https://www.theinsightpartners.com/buy/TIPRE00003326/
REASON TO BUY
- Save and reduce time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the growth, size, leading players and segments in the Global Narcolepsy Market.
- Highlights key business priorities in order to assist companies to realign their business strategies.
- The key findings and recommendations highlight crucial progressive industry trends in the Narcolepsy, thereby allowing players to develop effective long term strategies.
- Develop/modify business expansion plans by using substantial growth offering developed and emerging markets.
- Scrutinize in-depth global market trends and outlook coupled with the factors driving the market, as well as those hindering it.
- Enhance the decision-making process by understanding the strategies that underpin commercial interest with respect to products, segmentation and industry verticals.
The Insight Partners is a one stop industry research provider of actionable intelligence. We help our clients in getting solutions to their research requirements through our syndicated and consulting research services. We are a specialist in Technology, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Automotive and Defense.
The Insight Partners is a one stop industry research provider of actionable intelligence. We help our clients in getting solutions to their research requirements through our syndicated and consulting research services. We are a specialist in Technology, Media, Healthcare and Telecommunication industries.