Wakeup Campaign had the pleasure to attend the Commonwealth youth event that took place at The Royal Commonwealth Society, London 14th march 2012.
The event was filled with discussions, question time panel and group activities/workshops. Below is some information on the day:
- Introduction to the Commonwealth from the CEO : Vic Craggs
- Information on the Diamond Jubilee Time Capsule Project and the Commonwealth Charter – Catherine Clarke
Round table session/discussions on:
- Gender and the Commonwealth
- The Impact of sport on development and conflict management
- Environmental Issues and Climate Change
- The Youth Voice in a Commonwealth Context
- Human Rights within the Commonwealth
- Talk from The UK Government View: Lord Howell, FCO Minister, Francesca Danmole, Catherine Clarke and more
A very interesting day with information of bridging the gaps of communication around the commonwealth countries, strengthening these network ties with the aid/support/and know how from youth engagement!