Open areas outside the house or any warehouse or store are prone to damage because of dirt, dust and rain. Covering up the open space or roof with the choice of an ideal material is crucial after all it helps your structure to last for a long period of time. In order to meet the purpose, different varieties of plastic sheeting is used widely at official as well as residential areas such that proper covering and protection from sunlight and rain can be provided and purpose of individuals can be met.
The plastic sheets are flat pieces that are carved out of plastic and are used for covering, protecting or decorating any kind of object. The sheets are available in flexible pattern such that it can be wrapped around the objects or can also be chosen in flat pattern which can maintain stability of the object. In order to better understand the fine uses of plastic sheeting one can have a look at the following benefits:
- Temporary Surface Protection: Whenever a painter, interior designer or even a carpenter work in a house or an office always makes sure that no damage is done to the property. The damage is protected by temporarily using thin plastic sheets which covers up the objects and helps carry off the work without causing any damage or destruction to the place.
- Closing of Rooms: Plastic sheets especially are used in remodeling from ceiling to the ground level to keep rooms as it is even after remodeling process.
- Rainwater Collection: At some places, plastic sheeting is widely used to collect water in the ponds or lakes by spreading sheets of plastic without causing any harm to fish and other aquatic animals.
Features of Plastic Sheet
One of the next big uses of plastic sheeting is plastic sheets for greenhouse which efficiently helps in the construction of greenhouses, and helps maintain appropriate levels of heat and humidity. These sheets are available in varied shapes and sizes as per the need and requirements of people. Further such plastic sheets also have some added features as mentioned below;
- Highly Durable: Plastic or PVC roofing sheets are made out of strong plastic material that not only provide complete protection but are also highly durable in nature.
- Chemical Resistant: The plastic roofing sheet is fully resistant from any type of chemical, which means no harm can be made to the sheet with the use of any or every chemical.
- Heat Resistant: Plastic gets heated slowly. Thus, it has less chance to get burned or catch fire making it resistant to common heat or fire threats.
Corrugated Plastic Sheets
Apart from using flat plastic sheets for covering up the roof, technique of plastic corrugated roofing have truly dominated the construction business to a great extent. A three layered sheet like this has two flat sheets and one ribbed center, which is used to cover places like patios, decks and green houses. These sheets are extremely light in weight and durable enough to withstand strong winds, rain and dust. Plus, these sheets prevent sunlight and ultra-violet effect making it capable of lasting for long period of time saving a lot of effort and money on the part of users.