A great night is in store for visitors to Bury town centre tomorrow night (Saturday 20 October) when Bury Light Night transforms the town centre from 6pm until late.
Residents and visitors are invited to come along to experience Bury's take on the Northern Lights! Fun for all with spectacular art works, fire gardens and light shows, Blackpool Illuminations, live music, dance, traditional fun fair, food and craft markets and lots, lots more! And almost everything is free!
Getting to Bury Light Night
There will be some parking availability in Bury town centre but due to road closures on the night visitors are advised that buses or trams are a great way to get to Bury Light Night. There are direct services to Bury available from most surrounding areas and further afield.
Help with journey planning is available at the Transport for Greater Manchester web site www.tfgm.com or from Traveline on 0871 200 22033.
On Saturday 20 October the following road closures will be operational between the times stated.
- Back Broad Street closed from 5pm to 11pm.
- Bank Street closed from 5pm to 11pm.
- Broad Street toBack Market Streetclosed from 7am to 1am.
- Back Market Street closed all day.
- Cooper Street closed from 5pm to 11pm.
- Market Street closed from 5pm to 11pm.
- Market Place closed from 5pm to 11pm.
- Moss Street closed from 5pm to 112pm.
- Silver Street closed from 5pm to 11pm.
- The Rock closed from 7am to midnight.