If you want to meet new people or if you’d like to learn a craft, why not visit your local library to see what’s happening?
As well as regular reading groups, coffee mornings and story times for children, there are also organised craft activities.
Card crafting sessions, run by volunteers, are held at:
- Radcliffe Library - Thursdays (10am-noon)
- New Kershaw Community Centre and Library - Mondays (2-3.30pm)
- Brandlesholme Community Centre and Library - Tuesdays (10am-noon)
- A monthly session also takes place at Topping Fold Community Centre and Library – dates in 2014 are 24 January, 21 February and 21 March
A small charge is made at each session to cover the cost of materials and equipment used and refreshments.
There are several knitting groups, for keen knitters and those who would like to learn:
- Bury – Mondays (1-3pm)
- Radcliffe - Thursdays (2-3pm)
- Brandlesholme – Thursdays (1.30-3.30pm)
- Coronation Road - Tuesdays (10am-noon)
- Dumers Lane – Wednesdays (10am-noon)
- Moorside – Tuesdays (2-4pm)
- Topping Fold – Wednesdays (5-7pm)
- Whitefield – Tuesdays (10-11am)
- Unsworth – Fridays (2-4pm)
For information on all library events, see www.bury.gov.uk/libraries or follow on facebook.com/BuryLibraries or Twitter @BuryLibraries.
Press release issued: 13 December 2013.