Stories and activities for young children will be held across local libraries during National Bookstart Week (6-12 June).
This year’s theme is ‘A Hole in the Bottom of the Sea’, in association with Bookstart’s national celebration of its book-gifting schemes for babies and toddlers.
Stories and rhymes for tiddlers will be held at:
- Radcliffe Library - Tuesday 7 June (10.30-11.00am - rhymes only)
- Bury Library - Wednesday 8 June (10.30-11.30am)
- Prestwich Library - Thursday 9 June (10.45-11.30am)
- Ramsbottom Library - Thursday 9 June (2-3pm)
- Bury Library - Friday 10 June (10.45-11.30am)
- Whitefield Library - Friday 10 June (10-11am)
These sessions are for pre-school children and accompanying adults, and some sessions will ask for a 50p donation for craft materials. There is no need to book. As this is a Bookstart session, all pre-school children attending will receive a sea-related mini-book.
Meanwhile, bigger fish are welcome to come and get crafty at Bury Library onSaturday 11 June. There are two sessions, 10.30-11.30am and 2-3pm, and there’s no need to book. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
For more information on Bookstart and fun activities, see www.bookstart.org.uk
Press release issued: 17 May 2016.