Members of Whitefield Library Knitting Group have been furiously knitting hats, gloves and scarves in aid of Bury Hospice.
The fruits of their labours will be sold on Tuesday 4 December when they set up a stall in Bury’s Mill Gate centre centre, from 9.30am to 4pm.
Group member Farkhanda Ali said: “We are asking people to donate hand -crafted items they have made so that we can sell these on the stall and raise as much money for the hospice as possible. Donations can be made at Whitefield Library or at any other Bury library for forwarding to Whitefield.”
The Whitefield group meets every Tuesday from 10am to 11am and welcomes knitters of all ages and experience. Bring your own needles and wool, and enjoy a chat and a knit with others.
Knitting groups that meet at other libraries:
- Bury – Mondays, 1-3pm.
- Radcliffe – Thursdays, 2-3pm.
- Brandlesholme – Thursdays, 1.30-3.30pm.
- Coronation Road – Thursdays, 10am-noon.
- Dumers Lane – Wednesdays, 10am-12 noon.
- Moorside – Tuesdays, 2-4pm.
- Topping Fold – Wednesdays, 5-7pm.
Press release issued: 5 October 2012.