Family thrill-seekers will experience the speed, spinning and drop of the greatest rivers on Earth
Ever wondered what it would be like to raft the Zambezi, plummet down the Iguazu Falls and spin around the Naruto whirlpools of Japan? Well now you can, as Center Parcs has transported the experience of these natural wonders to the heart of Elveden Forest in Suffolk. The new £4m Tropical Cyclone water ride, which takes inspiration from the forces of nature across three continents, is the first of its kind created anywhere in the world and the ultimate family thrill experience.
Tropical Cyclone emulates the experience of rafting three of the greatest rivers on Earth with water flow reaching a staggering 25,000 litres per minute. A unique clover-shaped raft will take families through a series of twists and turns...
Riders should hold on tight as they experience:
The speed of the Zambezi: South Africa
This one-of-a-kind experience begins with riders entering a dark tunnel, accelerating the raft to a speed similar to the famous Zambezi River...
The spinning of the Naruto Whirlpools: Asia
Riders will feel what it’s like to wind their way down the river before plummeting into a whirlpool vortex inspired by the Naruto Whirlpools in Japan. Rafters can expect to spin round and round, being drawn into the centre of the 12m wide whirlpool...
The drop of the Iguazu Falls: South America
Once at the centre of the whirlpool, rafters will plummet down a fast flowing slide inspired by the Iguazu Falls and be propelled into a tornado funnel where they’ll experience a zero-gravity moment as they fly up the slide wall. After a series of exciting oscillations through the funnel, riders descend through a darkened tunnel and into the tropical heated landing pool below...
Tropical Cyclone Stats and Facts
- Riders will experience this unique ride as a family in a four-person clover-shaped raft
- The water ride can take up to 720 rafters per hour – that’s 12 per minute
- Each raft will travel up to 24mph
- The water flow of Tropical Cyclone reaches 25,000 litres per minute
- The water temperate inside the slide is heated to a tropical 30 degrees Celsius
- Rafters will experience a full 45 degree drop in the tornado funnel
- The water ride will stand at 18m tall - that’s the equivalent height of an English oak tree
Tropical Cyclone will open in late November 2012 at Center Parcs, Elveden Forest. The new water ride is part of a longer term investment programme in the Subtropical Swimming Paradise across all four Center Parcs UK villages.
In addition to the Tropical Cyclone, Elveden Forest will also open The Lagoon, a new child-friendly, family pool, in late November 2012. The Lagoon is part of a long-term investment in each Center Parcs Subtropical Swimming Paradise.
Center Parcs Press Office
Telephone: 01623 821733
Notes to Editors
- Center Parcs has five Villages across the UK; Sherwood Forest in Nottinghamshire, Elveden Forest in Suffolk, Longleat Forest in Wiltshire, Whinfell Forest in Cumbria and Woburn Forest in Bedfordshire which opened to guests on 6 June 2014
- As the leader in the UK short break holiday market, Center Parcs regularly achieves average annual occupancy in excess of 97%
- Center Parcs offers weekend, (Friday to Monday) or midweek (Monday to Friday) breaks and welcomes over 1.7 million guests each year, with 96% of guests expressing an intention to return
- The Center Parcs concept is to provide a range of high quality accommodation, shops, restaurants and exceptional leisure facilities, carefully nestled amongst 400 acres of protected forest environment
- This concept originated in Holland in 1967, with the first UK Center Parcs opening in 1987. Center Parcs is now a separate entity in the UK, owned by The Blackstone Group
- Center Parcs has been awarded the following accolades since 2008: the Green Business Award for Biodiversity Protection, Visit Britain 5 Star Rating, Hospitality Assured, Biodiversity Benchmark - Land Management, Carbon Trust Standard, Good Spa Guide Award, ISO14001, Investors in People
- Center Parcs has recently been announced ‘Best Family Holiday Provider’ in the Tommy’s Awards for the eleventh year in a row