Center Parcs has now released some of its advanced booking availability for its new £250 million village, Woburn Forest, in Bedfordshire; currently under construction and due to open in spring 2014.
Guests can book short breaks to be taken between 1st September and 18th December 2014 and will be able to choose from a stay in either one of the 625 forest lodges or the 75 bedroom hotel. Woburn Forest is Center Parcs’ fifth UK village, bringing all that Center Parcs has to offer to more families in the UK.
Martin Dalby, Chief Executive, Center Parcs UK, said: “Woburn Forest has been 10 years in the making. I’m therefore thrilled that construction is on track and with less than a year to go until we start welcoming guests, we have just opened bookings for autumn 2014 onwards. Our aim has always been to make the UK a short break destination of choice and for Center Parcs to be accessible for all families across the country.”
Set in 365 acres of forest, families will be able to enjoy an extensive range of sports and leisure activities during their stay at Woburn Forest, plus enjoy numerous shops, bars and restaurants.
At the heart of the village will be the stunningly designed Subtropical Swimming Paradise, this is where families will be able to spend time enjoying exhilarating water rides, the relaxing lazy river, the wave pool and the outdoor Wild Water Rapids.
To mark the opening of bookings, Center Parcs has today released a time-lapse video from onsite cameras to show the construction of Woburn Forest so far, from September 2012 until June 2013.
Martin Dalby continued: “Our whole ethos for the last 25 years has been to give guests the chance to escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life and to be close to nature with their family. With 365 acres of carefully managed forest, Woburn Forest will offer guests glimpses of lots of different animals and plants. What’s more, it is going to be our most sustainable village yet and with strong rail links, families will have the option to minimise their own carbon footprint too.”
Short breaks during September 2014 at Woburn Forest start from £499.
For more information or to make a booking, call 03448 266 266 or visit:www.centerparcs.co.uk/woburn
To view the time lapse video visit:http://www.centerparcs.co.uk/woburn/video/woburn_forest_videogallery.jsp
Notes to editors
Center Parcs Woburn Forest
Center Parcs is the UK's leading short breaks operator and every year over 1.6 million guests stay at the existing four villages each set in 400 acres of woodland. In spring 2014 Center Parcs Woburn Forest will open, a perfect location for families in London and the South East. Once Woburn Forest opens, there will be a Center Parcs within easy reach of a majority of all UK families. This is an opportunity to bring something new to the Center Parcs family with a number of exciting new concepts which will be announced over the next few months.
For more information or to view a 3D visualisation of how Woburn Forest will look at opening visit:www.centerparcs.co.uk/woburnforest
Jessica Marshall-Pearce, Press Officer
Telephone: 01623 821723
Notes to Editors
- Center Parcs has five Villages across the UK; Sherwood Forest in Nottinghamshire, Elveden Forest in Suffolk, Longleat Forest in Wiltshire, Whinfell Forest in Cumbria and Woburn Forest in Bedfordshire which opened to guests on 6 June 2014
- As the leader in the UK short break holiday market, Center Parcs regularly achieves average annual occupancy in excess of 97%
- Center Parcs offers weekend, (Friday to Monday) or midweek (Monday to Friday) breaks and welcomes over 1.7 million guests each year, with 96% of guests expressing an intention to return
- The Center Parcs concept is to provide a range of high quality accommodation, shops, restaurants and exceptional leisure facilities, carefully nestled amongst 400 acres of protected forest environment
- This concept originated in Holland in 1967, with the first UK Center Parcs opening in 1987. Center Parcs is now a separate entity in the UK, owned by The Blackstone Group
- Center Parcs has been awarded the following accolades since 2008: the Green Business Award for Biodiversity Protection, Visit Britain 5 Star Rating, Hospitality Assured, Biodiversity Benchmark - Land Management, Carbon Trust Standard, Good Spa Guide Award, ISO14001, Investors in People
- Center Parcs has recently been announced ‘Best Family Holiday Provider’ in the Tommy’s Awards for the eleventh year in a row