Center Parcs has achieved the Hospitality Assured accreditation again this year. The accreditation is the industry measure of excellent service and guest care. This year Center Parcs were reassessed under a new scheme open to businesses who have had consistent and impressive improvement within their business over a number of years.
Hospitality Assured is the customer service and business excellence standard that comprehensively maps a process which encourages a business to look at its operation from the customer’s perspective. The Institute of Hospitality launched the Business Excellence Awards to celebrate the achievements of organisations who choose to be measured against the demanding Hospitality Assured standard that when followed makes service delivery and business performance first-rate.
The assessments took place in October and accreditation was awarded to Center Parcs in November. The process for achieving Hospitality Assured recognition is rigorous. It takes into account guest opinions and considers all the aspects of service from the guests’ point of view. This accreditation is an ongoing process and provides a series of performance indicators against which Center Parcs can continually judge and measure itself.
The assessors were impressed with the number and scale of initiatives undertaken in 2010/11.
Operations Director Graham White commented: “I am delighted we have received this accreditation again this year. I believe it is a reflection of the tremendous effort put in by everyone across the business to constantly improve service levels. We won’t be resting on our laurels, our aim is to set the benchmark for quality service, not just at Center Parcs, but across the whole UK leisure industry."
If you would like further information on Hospitality Assured the website address is:-www.hospitalityassured.com
Center Parcs Press Office
Telephone: 01623 821733
Notes to Editors
- Center Parcs has five Villages across the UK; Sherwood Forest in Nottinghamshire, Elveden Forest in Suffolk, Longleat Forest in Wiltshire, Whinfell Forest in Cumbria and Woburn Forest in Bedfordshire which opened to guests on 6 June 2014
- As the leader in the UK short break holiday market, Center Parcs regularly achieves average annual occupancy in excess of 97%
- Center Parcs offers weekend, (Friday to Monday) or midweek (Monday to Friday) breaks and welcomes over 1.7 million guests each year, with 96% of guests expressing an intention to return
- The Center Parcs concept is to provide a range of high quality accommodation, shops, restaurants and exceptional leisure facilities, carefully nestled amongst 400 acres of protected forest environment
- This concept originated in Holland in 1967, with the first UK Center Parcs opening in 1987. Center Parcs is now a separate entity in the UK, owned by The Blackstone Group
- Center Parcs has been awarded the following accolades since 2008: the Green Business Award for Biodiversity Protection, Visit Britain 5 Star Rating, Hospitality Assured, Biodiversity Benchmark - Land Management, Carbon Trust Standard, Good Spa Guide Award, ISO14001, Investors in People
- Center Parcs has recently been announced ‘Best Family Holiday Provider’ in the Tommy’s Awards for the eleventh year in a row