Center Parcs, the UK’s leading short break specialist, has released its latest forward booking figures, which support the notion that Britons are once again looking to the UK for their holidays and short breaks in 2010.
Booking figures just released are up 18%, year-on-year, almost 14,000 more bookings for short breaks during the coming year compared to last January. These figures are given further strength as 2009 saw record bookings across the four UK based villages.
Center Parcs has become popular for its quality short break offering and provides an option for guests as the perfect short break to be taken at any time of the year.
Colin Whaley, Sales and Marketing Director said:
“We are encouraged by bookings we have had so far in 2010 and our figures strongly suggest that Britons are still looking to take a short break in the UK this year - with our wide range of quality facilities and activities to enjoy in any weather, we have something for everyone.”
Each of the four villages make the perfect place for a short break with family or friends with self-catering accommodation, over 100 indoor and outdoor activities – making it suitable for any season or weather condition, and selection of quality restaurants available.
For more information visit www.centerparcs.co.uk
Notes to editors
- The four locations across the UK are Sherwood Forest (Nottinghamshire), Elveden Forest (Suffolk), Longleat Forest (Wiltshire) and Whinfell Forest, (Cumbria)
- Center Parcs was awarded the Green Business Award for Biodiversity Protection in 2009
Contact informationJessica Marshall-Pearce, Press Officer
Telephone: 01623 821723Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to Editors
- Center Parcs has five Villages across the UK; Sherwood Forest in Nottinghamshire, Elveden Forest in Suffolk, Longleat Forest in Wiltshire, Whinfell Forest in Cumbria and Woburn Forest in Bedfordshire which opened to guests on 6 June 2014
- As the leader in the UK short break holiday market, Center Parcs regularly achieves average annual occupancy in excess of 97%
- Center Parcs offers weekend, (Friday to Monday) or midweek (Monday to Friday) breaks and welcomes over 1.7 million guests each year, with 96% of guests expressing an intention to return
- The Center Parcs concept is to provide a range of high quality accommodation, shops, restaurants and exceptional leisure facilities, carefully nestled amongst 400 acres of protected forest environment
- This concept originated in Holland in 1967, with the first UK Center Parcs opening in 1987. Center Parcs is now a separate entity in the UK, owned by The Blackstone Group
- Center Parcs has been awarded the following accolades since 2008: the Green Business Award for Biodiversity Protection, Visit Britain 5 Star Rating, Hospitality Assured, Biodiversity Benchmark - Land Management, Carbon Trust Standard, Good Spa Guide Award, ISO14001, Investors in People
- Center Parcs has recently been announced ‘Best Family Holiday Provider’ in the Tommy’s Awards for the eleventh year in a row