Center Parcs is proud to announce that it is sponsoring the Super Sibling Award at the Tommy’s Awards 2014 for the second year running.
The Center Parcs Super Sibling Award recognises a brother or sister of a little one born too soon, celebrating the courage and support they have shown during the early arrival of their new baby brother or sister.
Now in its 19th year, the Tommy’s Awards recognize both individuals and organizations that make a difference to families all over the UK, and in particular those whose lives have been touched by pregnancy complications and the loss of a baby.
This year, Tommy’s is once again partnering with Bounty and will be asking its 2.5 million members to nominate individuals for the award. For every vote cast, the parenting club will be donating £1 to Tommy’s. The nomination period will be open from July until December 2013.
The winners will be announced at the prestigious Tommy’s Awards ceremony at the Landmark Hotel, London, on Friday 21 March.
Center Parcs Sales & Marketing Director, Colin Whaley, said: "It is a privilege for us to sponsor the Super Sibling Award for a second year, recognising a brother or sister of a baby born too soon. Last year this important award celebrated the outstanding courage and support one family had shown during an extremely difficult time and we are delighted to be recognising other deserving families again this year.
"Tommy's members have been voting Center Parcs as the best family-friendly UK holiday provider for 10 years now and after a decade of being involved in these awards it’s wonderful that we are able to support and celebrate exceptional families and individuals,” Colin continued.
Jane Brewin, Chief Executive of Tommy’s, said: “We want to give parents the opportunity to say “thank you” to friends, family, neonatal nurses, GPs and midwives who give comfort and support through the toughest of times. These remarkable individuals are there for parents when they need it most and the Tommy’s Awards is a way of honoring all that they do.
”Since its inception, the Tommy’s Awards have also credited over 200 organisations for making the lives of parents with babies and young children that little bit easier. Tommy’s members have voted Center Parcs as the best family-friendly UK holiday provider each year for a decade."
Voting for the Tommy’s Awards with Bounty will be open from Wednesday 10 July 2013 – December 2013: go to http://www.bounty.com/tommys-awards-2014 for more details.
Notes to editors
For further information contact Tommy’s Press Office: Julia Lamb email@example.com/020 7398 3448; Isabella Uhlig firstname.lastname@example.org/020 7398 3404
At Tommy’s we believe every pregnancy should have a happy ending. We want to give every baby the best chance of being born healthy, so we work to fund medical research into the causes of premature birth, stillbirth and miscarriage, and provide a free information service that educates all parents-to-be about health in pregnancy. Our information service is informed by our medical research and includes a telephone midwife service, a comprehensive website and free books and leaflets promoting health in pregnancy. By 2030 we want to halve the number of babies who die during pregnancy or birth.
About the Tommy's Awards with Bounty
- Since 1995 The Tommy's Awards has recognised the vital support that friends, family and health professionals offer couples who suffer a pregnancy complication or loss of a baby. The Awards also recognise the organisations that are making a real difference to families’ lives all over the UK, and ensuring parents’ needs are met.
- With 2.5 million members and over 50,000 new members joining every month, Bounty provides information, support and products for young families and is the largest online meeting point for expectant and new mums (www.bounty.com)
Center Parcs Press Office
Telephone: 01623 821733
Notes to Editors
- Center Parcs has five Villages across the UK; Sherwood Forest in Nottinghamshire, Elveden Forest in Suffolk, Longleat Forest in Wiltshire, Whinfell Forest in Cumbria and Woburn Forest in Bedfordshire which opened to guests on 6 June 2014
- As the leader in the UK short break holiday market, Center Parcs regularly achieves average annual occupancy in excess of 97%
- Center Parcs offers weekend, (Friday to Monday) or midweek (Monday to Friday) breaks and welcomes over 1.7 million guests each year, with 96% of guests expressing an intention to return
- The Center Parcs concept is to provide a range of high quality accommodation, shops, restaurants and exceptional leisure facilities, carefully nestled amongst 400 acres of protected forest environment
- This concept originated in Holland in 1967, with the first UK Center Parcs opening in 1987. Center Parcs is now a separate entity in the UK, owned by The Blackstone Group
- Center Parcs has been awarded the following accolades since 2008: the Green Business Award for Biodiversity Protection, Visit Britain 5 Star Rating, Hospitality Assured, Biodiversity Benchmark - Land Management, Carbon Trust Standard, Good Spa Guide Award, ISO14001, Investors in People
- Center Parcs has recently been announced ‘Best Family Holiday Provider’ in the Tommy’s Awards for the eleventh year in a row