On Wednesday 19th June (10am – 8pm), Center Parcs will be holding an Exhibition about Woburn Forest at The Rufus Centre in Flitwick. At the Exhibition there will be an update on the build, details of specific job opportunities and information about how to become a Center Parcs supplier.
Project Update: See the progress of the construction so far and what the finished village will look like. Our CEO, General Manager of Woburn Forest and the rest of the Woburn Forest management team will be available to answer questions.
Recruitment: Learn about what it’s like to work for Center Parcs by speaking to employees, find out about specific job opportunities and meet the Woburn Forest management team to find out more about roles, benefits, training and development.
Supplier Opportunities: Buyers will be ready to meet local businesses who have an interest in supplying goods and services to Woburn Forest.
Center Parcs Woburn Forest will provide 1,500 job opportunities including chefs, beauty therapists, grounds assistants, housekeepers and waiting staff and many more opportunities besides. Center Parcs offers career development opportunities as well as attractive, unique benefits. The Human Resources team will be at the event to provide more information about roles available and how to apply.
The Center Parcs Purchasing team will be available to meet at the Exhibition and will be providing information on local supplier opportunities, how to register your interest as a supplier and how to progress to the next stage. There is a wide variety of local supplier opportunities including dairy products, glazing services, keep fit instructors and plumbing services, to name but a few.
Woburn Forest General Manager, Wayne Matton, said:
“With the main recruitment drive just around the corner and a number of team members and local suppliers already on board, this seemed like the perfect time to meet with people in the local area. With the construction well underway, we have lots of photos and footage to share, we will also have colleagues from other Center Parcs villages available to talk about what it’s like to work for the company and we will also have our Buyers ready to meet with local businesses about supplier opportunities.”
Center Parcs Woburn Forest is scheduled to open in spring 2014.
Notes to editors
The Center Parcs Woburn Forest Community Exhibition takes place at The Rufus Centre in Flitwick (Bedfordshire) on Wednesday 19th June 10am - 8pm. Registration not necessary, refreshments provided.
Jessica Marshall-Pearce, Press Officer
Telephone: 01623 821723
Notes to Editors
- Center Parcs has five Villages across the UK; Sherwood Forest in Nottinghamshire, Elveden Forest in Suffolk, Longleat Forest in Wiltshire, Whinfell Forest in Cumbria and Woburn Forest in Bedfordshire which opened to guests on 6 June 2014
- As the leader in the UK short break holiday market, Center Parcs regularly achieves average annual occupancy in excess of 97%
- Center Parcs offers weekend, (Friday to Monday) or midweek (Monday to Friday) breaks and welcomes over 1.7 million guests each year, with 96% of guests expressing an intention to return
- The Center Parcs concept is to provide a range of high quality accommodation, shops, restaurants and exceptional leisure facilities, carefully nestled amongst 400 acres of protected forest environment
- This concept originated in Holland in 1967, with the first UK Center Parcs opening in 1987. Center Parcs is now a separate entity in the UK, owned by The Blackstone Group
- Center Parcs has been awarded the following accolades since 2008: the Green Business Award for Biodiversity Protection, Visit Britain 5 Star Rating, Hospitality Assured, Biodiversity Benchmark - Land Management, Carbon Trust Standard, Good Spa Guide Award, ISO14001, Investors in People
- Center Parcs has recently been announced ‘Best Family Holiday Provider’ in the Tommy’s Awards for the eleventh year in a row