Center Parcs today announces the opening of Venture Cove, a brand new family water playground in its indoor Subtropical Swimming Paradise at Center Parcs, Elveden Forest.
Venture Cove marks the final phase of development at Elveden Forest, as part of Center Parcs’ continued investment into the Subtropical Swimming Paradise, following the new Tropical Cyclone world first water ride and new secluded family warm water pool, The Lagoon.
Harbour-themed Venture Cove has been carefully designed with the whole family in mind.
The £3 million investment brings thrills and spills for parents and children alike. Its toddler area, Venture Bay, is created for tots under four, featuring a shallow pool heated to a tropical 30 degrees, a two lane multi-slide with safe toddler landing, spraying fish and fish net, slide and water fountains. Extensive seating areas are also provided so that grown-ups can stay close.
Our guests told us that mums and dads want to join in the fun with their little ones. So, right next door, the family area, Venture Harbour, is designed for everyone over four to play together. Here, a mix of open and enclosed slides allows older children and grown-ups to travel down the exciting, brightly-lit tubes alongside younger members of the family. And for traditional family fun, there are also water spouts, water cannon and hidden giant tipping fishing buckets.
Center Parcs Director, Graham White comments, “Center Parcs is focused on providing fun for the whole family so we’re excited to open our next generation Venture Cove water playground. We’ve listened to what our guests say works best and created a wide range of water-based activities all within easy reach of each other, so parents and children of all ages can enjoy splashing around together this summer.”
During the last 12 months, Center Parcs has invested over £7m in the Subtropical Swimming Paradise at Elveden Forest as part of a longer term programme to update and invest across all its existing four UK villages.
Center Parcs Press Office
Telephone: 01623 821733
Sustainability facts and figures
Committed to enhancing the forest and wider environment, Center Parcs aims to be one of the leading sustainable ‘Large Scale Tourist Destinations’ in the UK. The Center Parcs Sustainability Strategy, launched in 2011, promises to reduce Center Parcs carbon emissions by 20% and produce 10% of its energy from renewable sources by 2020. Center Parcs currently uses a variety of different energy saving choices including:
- New and refreshed accommodation projects have included environmentally efficient technology such as:
- Ground source heating
- Solar panels
- Combined heat and power plants
- Energy-saving LED lighting
- Water-efficient showers
- Low-energy kitchen appliances
- Intelligent thermostats
- Electric vehicle fleet for housekeeping and technical services
Center Parcs is investing in energy efficiency and renewable technologies - such as District Heating - to achieve the aim of consuming 25% less than the average existing Center Parcs village.
Notes to Editors
- Center Parcs has five Villages across the UK; Sherwood Forest in Nottinghamshire, Elveden Forest in Suffolk, Longleat Forest in Wiltshire, Whinfell Forest in Cumbria and Woburn Forest in Bedfordshire which opened to guests on 6 June 2014
- As the leader in the UK short break holiday market, Center Parcs regularly achieves average annual occupancy in excess of 97%
- Center Parcs offers weekend, (Friday to Monday) or midweek (Monday to Friday) breaks and welcomes over 1.7 million guests each year, with 96% of guests expressing an intention to return
- The Center Parcs concept is to provide a range of high quality accommodation, shops, restaurants and exceptional leisure facilities, carefully nestled amongst 400 acres of protected forest environment
- This concept originated in Holland in 1967, with the first UK Center Parcs opening in 1987. Center Parcs is now a separate entity in the UK, owned by The Blackstone Group
- Center Parcs has been awarded the following accolades since 2008: the Green Business Award for Biodiversity Protection, Visit Britain 5 Star Rating, Hospitality Assured, Biodiversity Benchmark - Land Management, Carbon Trust Standard, Good Spa Guide Award, ISO14001, Investors in People
- Center Parcs has recently been announced ‘Best Family Holiday Provider’ in the Tommy’s Awards for the eleventh year in a row