Woburn Forest has today reached a momentous milestone since opening in June, as it welcomes its 100,000th guest.
Just under four months after opening, Center Parcs’ newest Village at Millbrook is operating at over 90% occupancy levels and has enjoyed a successful first summer fully booked.
Since opening on June 6, Woburn Forest has seen:
- 78,000 beds made by Housekeeping
- 33,254 cycles hired by guests from the Cycle Centre
- 98,000 rafts that have whizzed down the Tornado water ride in the Subtropical Swimming Paradise
With thousands of guests having zipped down the zip wire, peddled along the lake, cycled the pathways and splashed into the Subtropical Swimming Paradise, Wayne Matton, General Manager, has said the highlight so far has been the reaction from guests. He said: “The real highlight has been the huge amount of guests that have personally come up to me, shook my hand and said things like ‘wow, you must be proud’, ‘what a wonderful Village you have’ and ‘thank you for such a great holiday’.
“It really puts a spring in your step when you walk around the Village and see lots of happy faces – I am exceptionally proud.”
Woburn Forest is Center Parcs’ 5th Village in the UK and provides a boost of approximately £20m to the regional economy each year. The Village employs 1,500 people, more than 90% of whom are from the local area and also works with 58 local businesses who supply goods and services on an ongoing basis.
Center Parcs Press Office
Telephone: 01623 821733
Notes to Editors
- Center Parcs has five Villages across the UK; Sherwood Forest in Nottinghamshire, Elveden Forest in Suffolk, Longleat Forest in Wiltshire, Whinfell Forest in Cumbria and Woburn Forest in Bedfordshire which opened to guests on 6 June 2014
- As the leader in the UK short break holiday market, Center Parcs regularly achieves average annual occupancy in excess of 97%
- Center Parcs offers weekend, (Friday to Monday) or midweek (Monday to Friday) breaks and welcomes over 1.7 million guests each year, with 96% of guests expressing an intention to return
- The Center Parcs concept is to provide a range of high quality accommodation, shops, restaurants and exceptional leisure facilities, carefully nestled amongst 400 acres of protected forest environment
- This concept originated in Holland in 1967, with the first UK Center Parcs opening in 1987. Center Parcs is now a separate entity in the UK, owned by The Blackstone Group
- Center Parcs has been awarded the following accolades since 2008: the Green Business Award for Biodiversity Protection, Visit Britain 5 Star Rating, Hospitality Assured, Biodiversity Benchmark - Land Management, Carbon Trust Standard, Good Spa Guide Award, ISO14001, Investors in People
- Center Parcs has recently been announced ‘Best Family Holiday Provider’ in the Tommy’s Awards for the eleventh year in a row