On 6th November, Woburn Forest will be transformed into an enchanting Winter Wonderland for the very first time. Winter Wonderland has been a festive favourite at Center Parcs Villages for many years, welcoming more than 190,000 guests each year.
There will be many of the usual family activities available as well as lots of seasonal activities to get families into the Christmas spirit. At Woburn Forest this year, families will be able to visit Santa in his Woodland Workshop, see the reindeer, design their own Christmas stocking, join the Elf Academy, enjoy a festive carriage ride or take part in the many craft activities in the Activity Den. Whilst you can’t guarantee there will be a white Christmas, there will certainly be a sprinkling of snow.
Wayne Matton, Woburn Forest General Manager said:
“We have had an amazing first year of breaks and we’re thrilled to be able to bring Winter Wonderland to Woburn Forest for the first time this year. Some people out there who think that we are just about the summer but, for us, the winter is just as special. Our teams will be working hard to get all the lights up around the village and Santa will soon be on his way. Christmas is typically a day families can really focus on each other, spending quality time together but this doesn’t just have to be limited to once a year. We ask, why wait until the 25th December?”
Here are some Winter Wonderland facts:
It usually takes 290 days to plan and create a Winter Wonderland
A team of 200 people are involved in the creation of Winter Wonderland
3.36 tonnes of paper-based, biodegradable snow are used to decorate the Villages
70,000 fairy lights are used on to decorate each Village
Bookings for Woburn Forest’s first Winter Wonderland are already in high demand with more than half the breaks already booked. Breaks during Winter Wonderland at Woburn Forest start from £399.
Christmas and New Year breaks are also available with all the festive touches you would expect including the option to have a Christmas tree and decorations delivered to your Lodge!
For more information, please visit: www.centerparcs.co.uk
Notes to Editors
- Center Parcs has five Villages across the UK; Sherwood Forest in Nottinghamshire, Elveden Forest in Suffolk, Longleat Forest in Wiltshire, Whinfell Forest in Cumbria and Woburn Forest in Bedfordshire which opened to guests on 6 June 2014
- As the leader in the UK short break holiday market, Center Parcs regularly achieves average annual occupancy in excess of 97%
- Center Parcs offers weekend, (Friday to Monday) or midweek (Monday to Friday) breaks and welcomes over 2 million guests each year, with 96% of guests expressing an intention to return
- The Center Parcs concept is to provide a range of high quality accommodation, shops, restaurants and exceptional leisure facilities, carefully nestled amongst 400 acres of protected forest environment
- This concept originated in Holland in 1967, with the first UK Center Parcs opening in 1987. Center Parcs is now a separate entity in the UK
- Center Parcs has been awarded the following accolades since 2008: the Green Business Award for Biodiversity Protection, Visit Britain 5 Star Rating, Hospitality Assured, Biodiversity Benchmark - Land Management, Carbon Trust Standard, Good Spa Guide Award, ISO14001, Investors in People
- Center Parcs has recently been announced ‘Best Family Holiday Provider’ in the Tommy’s Awards for the eleventh year in a row