Press Releases • Jan 27, 2015 21:21 GMT
London, 20.30pm 27th January 2015: H is for Hawk by writer, poet and historian Helen Macdonald has beaten bookies’ favourite, How to be both by Ali Smith, to win the title of 2014 Costa Book of the Year. H is for Hawk, part memoir and part nature book, is the author’s personal account of training a goshawk as a way of dealing with grief following her father’s death.
Press Releases • Jan 23, 2015 16:41 GMT
London, 22nd January 2015: With the 2014 Costa Book Awards only four days away, the latest odds from bookmakers William Hill have novelist Ali Smith, winner of the Costa Novel Award, as odds-on favourite for the Costa Book of the Year with How to be both,
Press Releases • Jan 19, 2015 11:30 GMT
• Six writers from all corners of the UK: England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland • Shortlist includes a part-time dentist and a writer whose first novel has just been published • Winner decided by public vote and will be announced at the Costa Book Awards ceremony on Tuesday 27th January
Press Releases • Jan 12, 2015 14:15 GMT
WINNER TO BE SELECTED BY PUBLIC VOTE The public vote for the 2014 Costa Short Story Award will close at midnight on Friday 16th January 2015.
Press Releases • Dec 16, 2014 11:14 GMT
• Author Robert Harris to chair • Actress Dame Diana Rigg, BBC Economics Editor Robert Peston and actor Samantha Bond confirmed as final judges • Writers Maggie O’Farrell, Bernardine Evaristo, Jonathan Stroud, Owen Sheers and Wendy Moore complete the panel
Press Releases • Dec 12, 2014 11:29 GMT
• Costa named the Nation’s Favourite Coffee Shop Brand for 5th year running by leading independent coffee experts Allegra • 50% of an independent consumer panel named the chain as their favourite coffee shop up from 48% in 2013 • Costa named Favourite Coffee Shop Brand in regions across the UK including 51% in Scotland, 46% in Wales and 39% in London
Press Releases • Dec 01, 2014 13:45 GMT
Costa Coffee, the UK’s favourite coffee shop chain and part of Whitbread PLC added to their accolades on Tuesday 25th November by winning ‘Best Branded Coffee Shop Chain in Europe’ at the Allegra European Coffee Awards 2014.
Press Releases • Nov 28, 2014 09:05 GMT
• Costa scoops prize in Coffee House Chain category for its Gluten-Free Product Range • Continues Costa’s success in providing a gluten-free offering to customers with Coeliac disease
Press Releases • Nov 26, 2014 15:33 GMT
Voting has opened today for the 2014 Costa Short Story Award, a new Award launched in 2012 for a single short story, run in association with the Costa Book Awards but judged independently of the main five-category system.
Press Releases • Nov 18, 2014 20:39 GMT
• Shortlisted authors (10 male, 10 female) span ages 29 to 70 and include a brain surgeon, a chef, former Mormon and an acclaimed artist • Two books set in World War 1 feature in this the year marking a centenary since its outbreak •Record number of entries to this year’s Awards (640) including the highest-ever number of entries in the Novel Award category
Hounslow barista wows judges with drink innovation to win top speciality drink title at Costa international final
Press Releases • Oct 23, 2014 11:43 BST
Hounslow barista, Kungku Gurung has wowed a panel of judges including Costa’s Master of Coffee Gennaro Pelliccia, TV chef Phil Vickery, and food writer Rose Prince with his brand new drink innovation to win the Speciality Drink title at Costa's Barista of the Year final.
Press Releases • Oct 23, 2014 11:29 BST
A UAE barista was named the best Costa barista in the world on Tuesday (21st October) at the international final event in London.
Press Releases • Jul 16, 2014 20:17 BST
Costa coffee lovers Sarah and Ian had a bespoke Costa wedding cake present at their wedding reception on Saturday 28th June 2014. Having enjoyed one of their first dates in Costa, the UK’s favourite coffee shop, Ian Coldrake and Sarah Jones from Milton Keynes commissioned a bespoke Raspberry and Almond Bake wedding cake – the world’s first ever three-tiered Costa wedding cake.
Press Releases • Jun 20, 2014 12:38 BST
Costa, the nation’s favourite coffee shop brand, has today announced that it will partner with Debenhams to trial six new concessions across the department store’s UK estate. The first shop will open on June 25th, set within the retailer’s Guildford store.
Press Releases • Feb 12, 2014 13:27 GMT
Research reveals that Brits are now ditching Cosmos for Cappuccinos as over a third (36%) would prefer to go to a coffee shop on a first date…
Press Releases • Jan 21, 2014 12:02 GMT
Costa Coffee today announces the identities of the six finalists shortlisted for the 2013 Costa Short Story Award. Remarkably, given that the competition was judged anonymously (ie without the identities of the authors being known) and with over 1400 entries received this year, it can be revealed that two of this year’s final six writers were also shortlisted last year.