Updated data* from landlord insurance specialists Cover4LetProperty reveals that for 88% of renters, the cost is the most important deciding factor when choosing a rental property.
The tenth in the series of surveys (carried out bi-annually from March 2013 to date) revisited the factors that influence whether someone will rent a property, and found the following:
- 88% of respondents say cost is the determining factor when choosing a rental property (up 2% from 6 months ago);
- 79% also said that the location (a decrease of 9% over the last 6 months);
- ease of parking is the third deciding factor, with nearly half of all renters (47%) saying it is a key influencer;
- having a garden is important to 41% of renters;
Overall cost, location, ease of parking and having a garden remain the top influencers on whether to rent a property.
Other important considerations highlighted are:
- 32% rate getting on with the landlord more important than the décor (29%);
- 28% said that it is important whether a landlord would allow pets at the property;
- 4% also said that having the freedom to decorate is a key influencer.
*Research carried out by Usurv on behalf of Cover4LetProperty 26.09.17
With roots going back to 1946, our clients can benefit from many years’ experience in the landlord insurance marketplace. We are independent intermediaries and act on behalf of our clients in arranging their buy to let and unoccupied property insurances. Our service includes advising clients on their insurance needs, arranging insurance cover with insurers to meet those requirements and help with any ongoing changes that have to be made to their landlords insurance policies.
Contact: Stella Hulott, Speedie PR, Tel: 01843 831088, email: email@example.com