Are you a community or voluntary group working in East Staffordshire looking for funding? If so, September sees the launch of the application process for East Staffordshire Borough Council’s annual Grant Aid scheme.
We value the contribution that community and voluntary organisations make to the communities of East Staffordshire, and one of the ways that we provide support to these organisations is through Grant Aid. This year we distributed over £250,000 to 28 community and voluntary groups in East Staffordshire.
To be eligible for Grant Aid voluntary and community organisations must:
· Assist and support residents of East Staffordshire
· Be able to describe and respond to local needs
· Support the aims and objectives of East Staffordshire Borough Council, including the priorities set out in the Council’s Corporate Plan:
· Tackling the cost of living crisis by delivering with less
· Supporting economic growth
· Promoting well being
· Have sound management, employment and financial procedures
Councillor Julian Mott, Leader of the Council, said: “The community and voluntary groups deliver important services to the residents of East Staffordshire which are valued by the Council. The funding through the Grant Aid scheme is just one of the ways we can provide support to these groups.
“It provides a great opportunity for both voluntary and community groups to apply for grants to continue their work and commitment within East Staffordshire.”
Details of the Grant Aid application process can be found on our website www.eaststaffsbc.gov.uk
or you can contact Charlotte Taylor at East Staffordshire Borough Council on 01283 508 504 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Applications for the financial year April 2015 to March 2016 must be submitted by12 noon on Friday 12th December 2014.