Just over five weeks left before the deadline for Grant Aid applications
Are you a community or voluntary group working in East Staffordshire looking for funding? If so, the application process for East Staffordshire Borough Council’s annual Grant Aid scheme is now open.
We value the contribution that community and voluntary organisations make to the communities of East Staffordshire, and one of the ways that we provide support to these organisations is through Grant Aid. This year we distributed over £244,000 to 28 community and voluntary groups in East Staffordshire.
To be eligible for Grant Aid voluntary and community organisations must:
· Assist and support residents of East Staffordshire
· Be able to describe and respond to local needs
· Support the aims and objectives of East Staffordshire Borough Council, including the priorities set out in the Council’s Corporate Plan:
· Relevant and better value services
· Encouraging local enterprise
· Enhancing lives throughout the borough
· Have sound management, employment and financial procedures
Councillor Richard Grosvenor, Leader of the Council, said: “The Council has always valued the contribution community and voluntary groups make to the people of East Staffordshire and Grant Aid funding is just one of the ways in which we can provide support to these groups.
“The Council has not cut the budget in this area for many years and in fact we’ve increased spend and this emphasises our commitment to the voluntary sector.
“This a great opportunity for both voluntary and community groups to apply for grants to continue their work within East Staffordshire.”
Details of the Grant Aid application process can be found on our website www.eaststaffsbc.gov.uk or you can contact Charlotte Taylor at East Staffordshire Borough Council on 01283 508 504 or email email@example.com for more details.
Applications for the financial year April 2014 to March 2015 must be submitted by12 noon on Friday 13th December 2013.