The next East Staffordshire Borough Council led Job Opportunities Day, takes place on Wednesday 17th July at the Meadowside Leisure Centre, Burton upon Trent, between 9:30am – 12noon.
East Staffordshire Borough Council has taken the lead in tackling worklessness through the delivery of its Job Opportunity Days. Over the last two years, ten localised events have taken place across Burton and Uttoxeter.
These events have offered:
- Job opportunities
- Training opportunities
- Support towards self employment
- Volunteering opportunities
- And general advice support and guidance towards making important lifestyle decisions.
This year we are also offering 30 minute workshops on:
- C.V writing & Interview Techniques - delivered by Burton and South Derbyshire College
- Work Clubs - delivered by East Staffordshire CVS
- Starting your business – Delivered by Burton and South Derbyshire College
- Apprenticeship - delivered by Burton South Derbyshire College
Councillor Patricia Ackroyd, Deputy Leader for Built Environment, said: “The aim of these events is to offer routes to sustainable employment which will assist in improving the quality of life, raising aspirations and provide a better standard of living to residents of East Staffordshire.
“Historically we have seen a fantastic turnout from both employees and job seekers and at the last event we saw an average of 2 job seekers per minute.”
The events are organised by a partnership of organisations led by the Council that includes Jobcentre Plus, Burton and South Derbyshire College, Business Enterprise Support, East Staffordshire Community and Voluntary service and housing associations Orbit Heart of England and Trent & Dove.
For more information please contact Ranbir Sahota, Senior Economic Regeneration Officer on 01283