REMINDER - INVITATION TO JOURNALISTS
Foundation Forum 2017 - Converging economies, diverging societies? Upward convergence in the EU
14 - 15 November 2017, Dublin Castle, Ireland
The Foundation Forum is Eurofound’s flagship event, aimed at reaching high-level policymakers in the field of social, employment and work-related policies.
The theme of the Foundation Forum 2017 is on various perspectives of convergence in Europe. While upward economic convergence is a precondition for social convergence, the main focus will be placed upon upward convergence in living and working conditions, including employment. You can now download the Foundation Forum background paper and other related material.
The Foundation Forum 2017 takes place just two days before the Social Summit 2017, where all EU Heads of State or Government will gather in Gothenburg, Sweden to discuss fair jobs and growth, and adopt the formal proclamation of the European Pillar of Social Rights.
Keynote speakers at the Foundation Forum 2017 are Ylva Johansson, Minister for Employment and Integration, Sweden, and Simon Coveney TD, Minister for Foreign Affairs and Trade, Ireland
Other keynote speakers are:
- Branko Milanovic, Visiting Presidential Professor at the Graduate Center City University of New York
- Ulrika Hall, Chair of the EU Social Protection Committee and Senior Advisor, Ministry of Health and Social Affairs, Sweden
- Petros Fassoulas, Secretary General, European Movement International
- John Bruton, Former Taoiseach and EU Ambassador to the US
- Frank Vandenbroucke, University of Amsterdam and University of Antwerp
More information about the Foundation Forum 2017 is available here
Should you want to attend the event, or interview any of the keynote speakers, please send an email to Mans Martensson, Media Manager firstname.lastname@example.org and James Higgins, Promotions Officer email@example.com