- Specialism: Estates and Facilities
- Salary: Circa £65k-£70k
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: South Central
- Reference: BJ/15772
Our client in South Central England has a requirement for an Assistant Director of Engineering to manage the existing outsourced Hard FM service delivery contract currently in place.
Candidates need to be from an engineering background and have excellent contract/ performance management skills. Candidates from a non Healthcare background are welcome.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring, reporting and resolving issues regarding the technical performance and compliance of the outsourced providers Engineering and Maintenance activities (mechanical, electrical, engineering and building repairs related) with appropriate arrangements in place for the delivery of responsive and effective estates services, including ‘out of hours’ on-call service and emergency contingency plans in support of patient care;
- Being able to fully satisfy the obligations of the Trusts responsible person, for all aspects of the Trusts real estate and engineering infrastructure, especially including Asbestos, Legionella and the engineering installations, to ensure the Director in his/ her role as the ‘Duty Holder’ can fully satisfy their obligations and provide assurance to the Board and Executives around compliance and known and managed risks, including the appointment of all Authorised Engineering (AE) roles and relevant Independent Advisor (IA) roles, external to the Trust;
- Being responsible to the Director of Estates and Facilities for all delegated matters affecting the control, procurement and management of engineering, maintenance and minor improvement services and to undertake deputising duties when required;
- Providing advice and management reports and action plans to the Director of Estates and Facilities and new clinical groups on all engineering related matters and all non-compliance issues with the statutory or mandatory regulations and risks to business continuity in respect of the estate, which will include attending the clinical group meetings as their E&F Business Partner;
- Taking all necessary actions to fully satisfy the responsibilities of ‘Responsible Person’ for Legionella as defined in HSE - The Control of Legionella Bacteria in water Systems (L8) – Approved Code of Practice & Guidance and HTM 04-01 The Control of Legionella in Healthcare Premises guidance, Capable and the duties of ‘Authorised Person’ for LV & HV Electrical Systems as defined in HTM 06-01, HTM 06-02 (LV) and HTM 06-03 (HV) and for Medical Gas Pipeline Systems as defined in HTM 02-01 Medical Gas Pipeline Systems guidance;
- Acting as the Trusts identified decontamination manager to ensure pro-active engineering support to ensure compliance with all engineering and maintenance aspects of Decontamination as defined in HTM 01-01 Decontamination of Reusable Medical Devices.
If you have the skills, experience and personal attributes outlined above and would like to find out more or apply for this exciting and challenging opportunity, please visit here