Supercell’s founder Ilkka Paananen (7) and Rovio’s CEO Mikael Hed (20) have been named amongst 20 greatest business thinkers in Nordics.
The Chairman of Sampo, Nordea and UPM, Björn Wahlroos is in the third place on the list published by the Nordic Business Report. Spotify founder Daniel Ek (Sweden) leads the Nordic business thinkers list followed by Skype co-founder Niklas Zennström (Sweden).
Also from Finland Kone’s CEO Matti Alahuhta (9) and Mika Anttonen, founder of St1 Group, (14) made it to the top 20 list. According to the report, the rankings were based on the originality, practicality and impact of the business leaders ideas, results achieved, business sense and international outlook.
The Nordic Business Report’s list was formed from the opinions of a Nordic-wide jury consisting of 23 people from different Nordic organizations such as Microsoft, Nordic Chambers of Commerce, PwC Nordic Territories, TBWA\Nordic and Fujitsu.
Nordic business thinkers top five list:
- Daniel Ek, founder of Spotify (Sweden)
- Niklas Zennström, co-founder of Skype, founder of Kazaa (Sweden)
- Björn Wahlroos, chairman of Sampo, Nordea & UPM (Finland)
- Jørgen Vig Knudstrup, CEO of Lego (Denmark)
- Percy Barnevik, former CEO and change driver at ABB, founder of Hand in Hand foundation (Sweden)